Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sure wish someone had warned me when I bought my first firearm. If I had only known that I would soon be unsatisfied with having just the one, and that I would soon long for a second, and then a third, and a fourth, and a.....

Sure, when I first get my newest addition to the family home, I'm happy and excited. I fondle it, clean it, read everything I can find on the internet about it, shoot it, clean it...

And then, after a little while, that need starts creeping in again. It gets stronger and more insistent, and soon all I can think about is deciding on my next gun. That's where I am right now. I NEED a new gun. Just not sure which one yet. In just will not be satisfied, though, until I get it home.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Get outta my head!!!!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
LOL.... i believe i am 1 more firearm (a mini-30) away from having "everything i think i need" with respect to guns, but it wont stop there.

i have 5 cars, i have 3 kids, i have a bazillion other "things" here and there.

however, i have found the only thing i need only one of: a wife.

(whats all this hooplah about wifi... ?=plural for wife - m. i. rite?)

feed your need man, go for it.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do know one thing for sure. I wanna make certain that if the cops ever raid my house, the next day in the news it will say that they found an "arsenal" of firearms, as well as a "cache" of ammo. Ideally, they need to say a "large arsenal" and a "huge cache." Anything less than that would be cause for humiliation.

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
I am a gun nut so no cure only treatment. I had to sell over 60 firearms in 2009 to pay for 2 daughters getting married. I cried at the weddings as my little girls got married and cried as I sold so may guns.

·
Premium Member
14,810 Posts
G.A.S. = Gun Acquisition Syndrome.

It is a non-curable malady which is only kept at bay by drooling, jonesing, wishing, salivating, obsessing over the next one.

Reloading has very similar symptoms.

·
Registered
17,236 Posts
If someone had warned me when I bought my first firearm, I would've bought a whole lot more back then.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am a gun nut so no cure only treatment. I had to sell over 60 firearms in 2009 to pay for 2 daughters getting married. I cried at the weddings as my little girls got married and cried as I sold so may guns.
Dang. Either the weddings were really expensive or the guns you sold were Hi-Points. :)

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
GAS that's a good way to put it also I call it Gun Nut Itus!!! My favorite saying is when I go out looking for a gun deal sale or trade etc I call it "Horse Trading" just my way of saying I am doing my favorite thing getting another gun!!! Problem my gun safe is running out of room!!!

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Try adding another... reloading! :D

Only one on my list anymore: Redhawk 45 LC/45ACP

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
would not have mattered. you were doomed to this from the start! the waning would have gone the way of the dinosaur.
for me it is the same, also with reloading, tattoos, motorcycles and spoiling grandchildren, not necessarily in that order. one day it is this, the next that.
have an appointment for more ink the 12th. my 22 year old granddaughter is getting some work and I just couldn't let her go alone! yesterday I bought speakers for two grandsons who got electric drum sets for Christmas. who knows what next!?!?

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I am where I could say I don't need another gun and I don't until I see a temptress disguised as a gun. I start to read, watch videos and look at my bank account. I talk to myself saying " I don't need another gun" and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
The bank account really dictates the answer. If you just have to scratch that itch and don't have a particular gun in mind hit the pawn shops and low ball them on the price. I picked up a AK47 for $300 out the door (this was a couple years ago), and I can always get a Marlin model 60 for $100 or less.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I've suffered from this for a long long time. My biggest problem seems to be buying multiples of the same gun I really like.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts