Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Feeling Lazy...

3K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Baldy 
Rained just enough to make work wait-not sleepy-here am I, too---how hard would it be to trim magnum cases to load .44 Spl? I feel that's the epitome of revolver loads-it's just so accurate and smooth-shooting-I didn't like the Heritage .44 a couple of years ago-fit and finish sucked-but the Thunder Ranch is sweet-a fitting tribute to a man who's helped a lot of people get and stay ready.

Neither-craving a .44 revolver for CCW and will have to reload to be proficient-figured .44Mag brass would be more plentiful/cheaper than .44Spl-I'm itching for a .44 more and more-

Last ammo I bought was Academy closeout Gold Dot (Blazer) for $14.25-I have no idea what Spl. usually goes for-I know I'll have to reload because .44 Spl is my favorite to shoot---I used 5 Gr. Unique and a 200 or 210 LSWC-mild for an N-frame but rough in a Charter Bulldog!!

Been thinking on this one some-if the spacer washer or ring would hold the crimp die higher or let it go lower(.44Spl) couldn't you do the same thing by screwing the ring on the crimp die up on the die 1/10"?

I understand-solid...strong-reliable-smooth. I always preferred the S&W out-of-the-box double action pull to any other brand-the old ones were like you describe-you knew how far and you knew how much-like an extension of your hand...no loose, no wiggle. Don Hume in Miami Ok will have holsters that will fit that and they are easy to talk to...right priced and good quality.

Sounds easier and faster than a RockChucker-I probably won't reload till I get the .44s I want-then I'll have to-might try a Dillon-if I can get past the ugly wimmen in their catalog, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.