Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone tell me the felt recoil of a p94 40 caliber. Would appreciate some input from first hand information or experience thank you

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Can't comment of the 94 as I never shot one. I have carried and shot a S&W 410 which as a little
lighter than the Ruger 94.Never had a problem with recoil with the S&W. Trying to describe it
in words is difficult, but maybe this helps---the 40 is generally more of a sharp jolt compared
to a 45 being a big push. Neither one is bad or overpowering in my perception.Hope that this helps. The fourty cal is a little louder than the 9mm.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I've shot mine a lot lately, both with factory loads and handloads. The P944 is a pretty heavy gun and I don't find felt recoil to be bad at all. I notice the muzzle flip more than I do the recoil. All in all, I find it to be a pretty pleasant gun to shoot and it's becoming one of my favorite P-Series pistols.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Very low felt recoil due to dual spring recoil assembly. Since it does such a good job of felt recoil the gun apears from a shooters view to have a slight retard at loading the next round. It almost reloads like a gas actuated pistol or at least apears too. I can shoot this puppy with hot loads all day with no wrist fatuige.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts