Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up some fiber optic bore lights on eBay. I am very pleased with there performance. You get a set of four that come in different colors so you can see the barrel no matter what color the finish may be. Fiber optic bore lights require no batteries. Under normal lighting they work great. If the room is dark a small LED flashlight is all you need. Fiber optic bore lights are very durable. You have to try to break a fiber optic bore light.

The Original Gun J Brand UV Gun Bore Lights Super Bright Neons 4 Pieces | eBay

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Looks like candy canes!

·
Banned
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nice advertisement. Not buying it though.

Jeff
I am not advertising anything. I bought something that is handy and durable. I must be using this board for the wrong reason. I thought the purpose of a gun board was to share information. I inspect the bore of guns I buy. I use a bore light all the time. Given that I only use a bore light a minute or two at the time I got maybe two hours of use out of the last bore light I bought before it died. I found something that will last for the rest of my life provided I don't lose the fiber optic bore light. I having a color besides white is handy for a chrome lined barrel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I picked up some of these at SHOT last year for use in my safety training courses and they are amazing. I chatted with the inventor who explained that what makes these different from all of the competition is the addition of a UV sensitive pigment in the plastic. They're easily 10x brighter than all of the other plain plastic ones that I've tried!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts