Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am getting older and my eyes aren't what they used to be. I was shooting my new SBH 44 last night and was having trouble picking up the front sight. Anyone use these Hiviz fiber optic front sights?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I installed one on my MKIII Target and it has helped. When the lighting and target allow it, I still like to line the very top of the sight up with the top of the rear sight.

Welcome to the forum if I have already done that - from West Virginia

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, I had a gunsmith install them on my SR9C and I really like it. I'm confident it has improved my accuracy.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I'm the same as you and my Alaskan's flat black blade was replaced with a Red HiViz. Made all the difference in the world. Smithy.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I recently got a KT PMR-30 with the fiber optic sights and they're great. I've also used Nite Siter dots on my 1911 and although they are cheap and work well are not that durable. The old paint or nail polish trick works, too. There is also flourescent paint available for sights which I'm going to try out one of these days when I get around to it.

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
I recently got a KT PMR-30 with the fiber optic sights and they're great. I've also used Nite Siter dots on my 1911 and although they are cheap and work well are not that durable. The old paint or nail polish trick works, too. There is also flourescent paint available for sights which I'm going to try out one of these days when I get around to it.
Yeah. I just use a drop of "White Out" on the top ⅛" of the front sight blade. It's something that's always in my desk drawer, cheap and easy to apply (and reapply, as necessary.) And, most importantly, it's effective. YMMV :)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Ok I am getting older and my eyes aren't what they used to be. I was shooting my new SBH 44 last night and was having trouble picking up the front sight...

Same here. :(

I like the concept, but wish they were shaped a little more like the triditional front sights found on the Blackhawk, SP-101, etc.

At least they still have a squared top surface on the post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts