Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize it probably wouldn't look good, but I'm having a hard time with the stock sights on my new SS single six. I'd really like to change the front blade to a fiber optic tube. My 63 year old eyes are real tired, and I have a hard time with the black blade. The front ramp sight is held by one screw to the barrel. Can anyone recommend a mfg. that may have something I can install myself?
Thanks!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Vetteman

I just got a NMBH .41 mag and it has the front site ramp painted red. Works wonders for these 64 year old eyeballs. Easy, cheap and effective

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try painting it and see if that helps. I think I'd still like to find a bright fiber sight and see what it's like on the gun. Maybe I'll email Ruger and see if the sight from the Hunter .22 auto will fit the barrel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A search revealed a pair of optics for this hangun. Manufactured by Williams for the New Single Six. Front is red and rear is green. I'm going to order a set.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I received the William's Firesights this afternoon. The install was very simple (two screws, the rear blade is replaced) Haven't been to the range as yet, but I like the sight picture.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Never seen 'em on a single action before. They don't look that bad. They are bright little buggers though! That should solve your problem. Let us know how you're liking them after you get it to the range. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spent a couple hrs. at the range this afternoon. They are really bright even on an overcast day. I think they'd look better on a blued gun, but they do allow me to shoot better.

·
Super Moderator
21,681 Posts
That's what counts. Thanks for posting everything, I have been thinking about putting a set on my GP100.
I bought the fiber optic front sight for my GP and it works great. I think I got it direct from Ruger and the GP is made for easy replacement. There are probably other aftermarket ones offered that aren't as pricey as Ruger. The front blade of the Williams looks very similar except for the method of mounting on the GP.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts