Ruger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Simper Fi Quackaholic!

Outstanding acquisition with excellent barrel length and very attractive grips!

The revolver looks to be in excellent condition too!

Enjoy shooting black powder in this single action and it is so nice to get into the late 1800's spirit by shooting pure black powder behind a 250 or 255 grain, round nose - flat point cast bullet on top of a compressed load of Holy Black. Nothing makes the very loud sound of the the rolling crack like a black powder load. The added advantage of the cloud of smoke and sulfur smell really takes you back 150 years plus in history.

Congratulations and Happy Black Friday!

J.D. Pree

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I shot Atomic ammo today with lead. That was some nasty ammo, you'd think it was black powder. But I need the brass.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just like a .44 Magnum, only a real 45 instead of a 43. I have the full galaxy of SAs, fro 41 to 45, but drumming to a different drummer is just fun. Bisley grips are my favorite for the heavy recoiling models. I do have a couple of NMBHs, 44 Special 7.5 inch and 44 Magnum 5.5 inch. The Bisley Stainless Models in 45 Colt are among my favorites, not to dismiss the Redhawk flavors, but that's another forum.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought a new one just like it a year or two ago, it is the convertible. It has become my favorite revolver.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
But I need the brass.
Just order up a bunch from Starline . It's what I do when I need brass. I shoot mostly 250g RNFP, but I also load 255 SWCs for the woods. For the last couple of years I've been using 7.0g of Green Dot under the 250g RNFPs for my general load.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts