Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what I want it to be yet. It will probably wind up with an SB Tactical brace and some kind of muzzle device. Right now I have an old 3-9x32 scope in Weaver low rings on it for initial shooting. I gathered up some ammo after cleaning the new gun and mounting the scope. I'm waiting for a decent hour to begin shooting. It should be a fun day!

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Nice. I hear they are fun little shooters. Do you have a suppressor?

If you mount a stout red dot or 1-4 scope, a pistol brace, and a folding stock adapter, you would have a nice little backpack gun.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
congrats ...

but what makes a 10/22 more superior than a charger or a charger more superior than a 10/22 ...

·
Registered
476 Posts
what makes a 10/22 more superior than a charger or a charger more superior than a 10/22 ...
The Charger is superior because of ATF regulations.

You can put a long barrel and 10/22 stock on a Charger and be legal, but you can't put a short barrel and Charger stock on a 10/22.

Stupid law IMO.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice. I hear they are fun little shooters. Do you have a suppressor?

If you mount a stout red dot or 1-4 scope, a pistol brace, and a folding stock adapter, you would have a nice little backpack gun.
No suppressor. Too much hassle and expense. It will get a muzzle brake. I'm leaning towards leaving it a pistol.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
congrats ...

but what makes a 10/22 more superior than a charger or a charger more superior than a 10/22 ...
Not superior, just different. I have two 10/22's already. This will be shot seated at a picnic table under the shelter at my camp. A fun to shoot semi automatic pistol with a bipod and a scope. What's not to love?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Been thinking 10/22 will be an upcoming, maybe next. The flexibility on this thread very appealing & will begin research.

IS model 21133 with .920 bbl an ideal choice to start this project? Tks

·
Registered
458 Posts
Aah, i see now.... thats a real short barrel.

Very very sharp and tricked out for sure, am liking it!!!

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

http://www.medlong.com/charger.JPG
I didn't care for the original bi-pod, that required adapter so I replaced it.
For the grip I chose the Magpul K2 which has less cant to it.

Mine is tack sharp accurate.
IMHO it is a superior pack gun to something like a take-down 10-22 or a Henry Survival Rifle.

Your setup looks good. I'm happy with the grip angle, but the mere half inch of bipod adjustment was a surprise. Accuracy seems promising, especially with an improved trigger. I think a muzzle brake will let me watch the holes appear in the target. These Chargers are fun!

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
Good choice for some plinking fun. Very accurate, You’ll enjoy the gun quite a bit. After I let a couple other folks shoot mine they bought one within a month. I think you’ll find the stock bipod to be more than adequate. I’ve not found a need to have more adjustment than than the stock one. Enjoy!

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good choice for some plinking fun. Very accurate, You’ll enjoy the gun quite a bit. After I let a couple other folks shoot mine they bought one within a month. I think you’ll find the stock bipod to be more than adequate. I’ve not found a need to have more adjustment than than the stock one. Enjoy!
You're probably right about the bipod. The adjustment was enough to get me level on an uneven surface. You are definitely right about the fun and enjoyment factor! Shooting the Charger is a blast. The gun cost me $256.00 OTD using Gun Genie. Ammo is plentiful and inexpensive (for now). The dollar per smile ratio is wonderfully low. I was surprised by Hickock45's review on YouTube. He says it's a strange idea, an odd duck, and that he doesn't know what it's for. Then he starts ringing steel, breaking clay pots, and busting soda bottles with scarcely a missed target. You hear him laughing out loud with gleeful delight. Every magazine leaves him chuckling at how much he is enjoying the shooting experience. THAT is why I bought one. Just for grins!

·
Registered
230 Posts
congrats on the charger! i really liked my first one, which was a takedown, with the pistol brace, copper custom and folding adapter, so i snagged a a second charger takedown receiver and barrel from sap outfitters and put 'em on a pmaca chassis with a folding adapter...

they are a lot of fun... and both fit into little bags for transport...

and they are more than accurate for me with a cheap red dot...

willie
on the Gulf of Mexico

·
Registered
271 Posts
Chargers are like Volkswagens - more bolt-on parts than you could ever imagine. I bought mine two years ago, found the grip-trigger distance too long for my hands, and started bolting on stuff. This is what I ended up with...

It shoots where I aim it, and interestingly, likes CCI Minimag and Vipers. Never had a failure to feed or eject.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Chargers are like Volkswagens - more bolt-on parts than you could ever imagine. I bought mine two years ago, found the grip-trigger distance too long for my hands, and started bolting on stuff. This is what I ended up with...

It shoots where I aim it, and interestingly, likes CCI Minimag and Vipers. Never had a failure to feed or eject.
Cool setup. I don't think the vertical foregrip is legal where I live. I think a pistol can only have the angled grip. Yours is loaded with all the good stuff for sure!

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
I'm not sure what I want it to be yet. It will probably wind up with an SB Tactical brace and some kind of muzzle device. Right now I have an old 3-9x32 scope in Weaver low rings on it for initial shooting. I gathered up some ammo after cleaning the new gun and mounting the scope. I'm waiting for a decent hour to begin shooting. It should be a fun day!
Pretty cool...hope you enjoy for a long time!
I've been considering getting one of those for a while...just haven't pulled-the-trigger on one yet (no pun intended!)
I have a son who's in love with my 10/22...and am thinking it would be a nice hand-me-down little .22 for him some day?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts