Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I never thought I would buy a ruger but I held a sp101 and couldn't put it down. That being said, I am excited to be a part of this forum and look forward to meeting some great people. I'm also thinking about doing a trigger job on my sp101 so if anyone has any tips I'm all ears!

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
You've got to watch out for that. Apparently, some dealers are putting super glue on the grips! :D

Welcome to the forum from Phoenix!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Finally! I do think the SP101 is the best looking snubnose available. Get some wood grip panels for that thing.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Welcome from S. OK. Enjoy. It's a great place to hang out.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum from The Mountain State of West Virginia

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,890 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
The sp101 is a great gun and if you fire 357 in a small frame it is much more comfortable in an sp101 than in other snub 357s but it is heavier.

·
Registered
17,240 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Georgia!

Congrats on your first Ruger...now what are ya waiting for :eek: go get another! :D

Glad you could join us, ENJOY!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Welcome from the Volunteer State. You'll love that SP101. Enjoy.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Well, I never thought I would buy a ruger but I held a sp101 and couldn't put it down. That being said, I am excited to be a part of this forum and look forward to meeting some great people. I'm also thinking about doing a trigger job on my sp101 so if anyone has any tips I'm all ears!
First...welcome to RF.net...from NE Indiana! I have a brother who lives in Hinkley, just outside of Barstow!

Second...great choice with the Ruger SP101...it's a tough little revolver! A couple of things I would suggest you consider for it...

1. If the trigger is a bit stiff...shoot it for a few hundred rounds and see if things 'break in' a bit! If it still feels stiff, check out a set of Wolff Springs...I prefer the 10# set. Trigger job...let it 'break in' over a few hundred rounds and see if it smooths itself out a bit. If you do any sanding...go very light and just smooth the parts down a bit...no need to really take them down in size at all!

2. Consider getting a tritium front night sight for it...Meprolight, Trijicon, and XS Sights make good sights for it. I prefer the Meprolights...and have used the XS Sights and am as or more pleased with them than the Meprolights. Trijicon's....are rather dinky and difficult to see when compared to the other two brands!

3. If the factory grip is not comfortable...consider replacing it with a Hogue Rubber grip! Other grips available are from Hogue (Hogue - The finest gun grips, rifle stocks, knives, holsters and accessories) or Badger Customs...both offer a different style and feel...but both are quality wood grips!

Best...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.