Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fired a 10-22 a friend had back 40 years ago, wanted one back then. Went to auctions and tried to buy one there but the prices for used guns were stupid.

Local Wal-mart had the All Weather on the rack and snagged it. My daughters can't wait to go with Dad to the range and spend some quality time! Safety will be paramount and they KNOW IT!

And now the adventure begins and the $$ fly out of the wallet, got rid of a boat so I have some mad money to play with.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
597 Posts
Welcome to RF! I shot 1000+ rounds through my 10/22 All-Weather in 2 months. I would lighten the trigger so your daughters can pull it easily. For your daughters they may be pulling the trigger back along with the rifle making it hard to be accurate. I'd go with a Volquartsen to start off with that will lighten it from 2.25-2.5 lbs. Just a recommendation since you are getting your daughters involved in the shooting scene. Also would recommend their auto bolt release and their bolt buffer. It is worth the money on top of the initial purchase. If looking for a scope I have one for sale I can sell you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks to all for the welcome, Tiger Ruger, I picked up a Simmons 3x9x32 at Academy for $30. What you got for sale?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Well if you are looking for a higher end scope and bigger objective I have a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 with adjustable elevation and windage 1/4MOA. I am selling it for $140 shipped. If not I understand you are just getting into it.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Welcome from St. Louis, MO.

Consider the SR22p to round the training package out. My grand kids love it.

·
Double P90 Shooter
19,887 Posts
Welcome from the Republic of Texas...

·
Banned
1,641 Posts
Well if you are looking for a higher end scope and bigger objective I have a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 with adjustable elevation and windage 1/4MOA. I am selling it for $140 shipped. If not I understand you are just getting into it.
Heck of a scope for the money. Just sold one myself as I moved over to a red dot for my 10/22 (concerned about weight more than anything else). Anything VQ makes is top-notch and will serve to make the rifle more comfortable to shoot and will tighten up your trigger significantly so it's easier on the finger and your daughters won't be pulling the whole shebang back when they pull the trigger. Other than the optic, you can lighten up that trigger and you're golden. Have a blast with it and enjoy the time with your daughters.

·
Super Moderator
16,279 Posts
BA ... Welcome from SW Ohio ... Glad to have you aboard!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Welcome from Australia mate.
Glad to have you on board, nice folk here and lots of good info.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
Welcome from the Central Coast of California.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Welcome to the forum from West Virginia - enjoy that new rifle.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.