Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having maybe 10 different sets of grips on this GP100, I found these Kirinite inserts from Spresser Knife Works.

I wanted Red but Charles said he wouldn't be making any new sets right now until he gets material, but he had Blue Pearlite in stock, in the Kirinite, so I went for them.

They look great, the left side in the pic is more pearlescent, the right side is more of a plain blue. I have grown to like Kirinite for my more "modern" guns, I have a set of the Toxic Green on my .22 SP101 4", and my 9mm Blackhawk has Red Pearlite grips, they aren't Kirinite but the maker says they are a "similiar but superior" synthetic. My .45 ACP Birdshead has Eagle grips Black Pearl Kirinite, so it looks like my Kirinite fondness is multiplying:) Probably a few more of my newer guns will wear them at some point.

These wouldn't be "right" for older, classic guns although I've seen Kirinite on older S&W's, Browing Hi-Powers etc., as long as the owners like it that's OK, it just doesn't work on those kinds of guns IMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree with gqucool, I have bought several sets of panels from chigsgrips.com and have been extremely happy with them and Chad is great to work with...JM2C

1 - 5 of 5 Posts