Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only took me four years to talk my best gun bud into selling me his. He needed money for Christmas, and I bought his 3in stainless SP101. I got the gun, box and papers, 300 rounds of .38spl, and a box of 20 Silvertips plus a couple holsters for 400. Not bad since it is cherry! I bought a couple sets of grips and a XS standard dot sight and it is awesome as I thought it would be. My buddy already did a complete spring kit so it is pretty good although I am going to go thru it and polish the hammer and trigger highly and such, may do shims as well.

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Congratulations on your new SP101! You have a very good friend.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Indeed you do have a nice friend.

I sure hope you plan on doing more than a few really nice things for him else once he figures out what you done he becomes rather disappointed in the terms of your friendship.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Springs, shims, and polishing made a night and day difference on my SP
I have had three Rugers now, on which the original springs had to be restored because of light strikes and the resulting lack of reliability. I just learn to shoot the guns rather than try to transform them into sweet shooting Smith & Wessons.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Nice gun and a good deal. Congrats, now go shoot the life out of that thing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have had three Rugers now, on which the original springs had to be restored because of light strikes and the resulting lack of reliability. I just learn to shoot the guns rather than try to transform them into sweet shooting Smith & Wessons.
You can transform them without a reliability problem. As I said, I have had a gp since they came out. I have always done extensive triggers on them and never had a single issue. And I've been shooting revolvers sine 1968 and 1911 since 1970. To each their own I guess....

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
You can transform them without a reliability problem. As I said, I have had a gp since they came out. I have always done extensive triggers on them and never had a single issue. And I've been shooting revolvers sine 1968 and 1911 since 1970. To each their own I guess....
Are you also discussing springs?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've got a newer 3" SP and it's becoming a real sweet heart. Truly the smallest .357 that, with my larger hands, I can still get a good purchase on and have good control with full power factory ammo.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
had to give mine to the ex as part of the divorce settlement. that is one of the most frightening things ever ordered by a court!
been thinking I want another. indestructible without a great deal of forethought and effort, a joy to shoot! yes damn it, now you got my all broke out in a sweat!
welcome to our addiction!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts