Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the rifle finally arrived... Model 1296, a Talo ATI stock, I-Tac with folding stock.

Took it apart to do the initial cleaning, and inside the stock were three hex nuts....laying loose!

Did some searching and it seems, that two of the three rails that were attached to the fore grip had stripped screws! The nuts had dropped off in shipping.

Whoever assembled the rifle, either Ruger with the ATI stock, or Bud's Gun Shop, who ever, had over tightened the rail attachment screws. The nuts fell off!!!

Caled Bud's they said they don't open the boxes from Ruger. This box had definitely been opened! The gun was as described, but the plastic sleeve the rifle should have been packaged in was laying on top of the rifle.

Anyway, It's not a huge deal, just three stripped screws and the nuts that go with them. I am communicating with ATI to see if they will send me 8 new screws and nuts, so I can re-attach all of the rails properly, not too much torque and some loctite!

I'm waiting to hear from ATI about this, so far no answer.

Re-assembled the rifle without the three screws, since I didn't have anything to attach to the rails anyway, and everything seems Wonderful! The action cycles smoothly, ejects beautifully by cycling by hand, since I can't shoot it inside my house...LOL!

I'm waiting to see if I can get some more screws and nuts, (I don't even care if I have to pay for them)!

I'll let you guys know, but I have another question....The manual says not to shoot "Stinger" ammo in either the "Target" or the "Tactical" versions of the 10-22.

I can't find any info to let me know if I have the "Tactical" version of the rifle as a base for the 1296 model. I kinda think I do, which would eliminate me shooting the "Stinger" ammo. It's a bit longer cartridge, which I believe would eliminate most feeding problems down the road. Anyway I'll just feed it basic 22lr and go down the road.

Anyway, that's the last episode of my introduction to the Ruger family!

Thanks for any input,

Rick

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just heard from ATI, They are sending me 8 replacement screws and nuts, at no charge.

EXCELLENT Customer service!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts