Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the range a while ago and have to say my first trip with my new SR1911 was a dream. Not one failure to feed or fire and she shot like a champ.
I used only Winchester White Box bulk 230gr FMJ and some cheap Independence (which I had never used before) Just to note the independence says Blazer on the casing which leads me to believe they are made by CCI? Anyways the 1911 was a joy to shoot. I would say it has less recoil than my P95 and is by far more accurate. I was shooting about 3'' groups at 10 yds, standing with a two handed grip.
I'm sure I could do better, but I'm not the best shot, and I just enjoy shooting. But the pistol is certainly more accurate than I can shoot it. Well I have kept you reading long enough. And now another excruciatingly long wait till next weekend and another couple hundred rounds down range.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like fun.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Glad to hear your range outing was a smash! ;)

I love my SR1911 as well, got it last September and so far have 1200 rounds down range without a single hitch. It is a sweet shooter no doubt.

All I've shot is 230 gr FMJ rounds from three different manufacturer's...
Federal "Champion", Remington "UMC" and Winchester "White Box" and they all cycled witout no problems through my SR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts