Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Royal Emissary
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought it new from a dealer in Arizona through Gunbroker. It's one of the Davidson's guns. I really like the 3" barrel. I'll eventually put the Lett style grips on it with some custom inserts. Won't be able to shoot it for a while since I have knee surgery soon.:(

·
Registered
783 Posts
Nice! I looked at one of these yesterday, but almost a overlap to my police six in 4" that I have. I'm sure the trigger is better being a GP

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm sure you are going to enjoy that. Hope the knee surgery goes well. Get somebody to drive you out to the desert so you can shoot that thing.

·
Royal Emissary
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure you are going to enjoy that. Hope the knee surgery goes well. Get somebody to drive you out to the desert so you can shoot that thing.
I'm actually in Texas. I bought it on Gunbroker. I would love to be in the Arizona desert though. Went through Arizona and New Mexico two summers ago and loved it.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,898 Posts
Congratulations on the new 1708! That model just warms my heart every time I see one. Good luck with the knee surgery and happy shooting when you're able.

·
Life is good
4,866 Posts
Congratulations on your new GP100! I really like the look of the 3" model.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Congratulations.
All GP's are great.

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Congrats, nice revolver. Ruger, revolver, .357 mag; three of my favorite things.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Bought it new from a dealer in Arizona through Gunbroker. It's one of the Davidson's guns. I really like the 3" barrel. I'll eventually put the Lett style grips on it with some custom inserts. Won't be able to shoot it for a while since I have knee surgery soon.:(

Very nice! Sorry to hear about the surgery, but they make chairs, and you can have a buddy take you to the range to try that shiny new revolver out! Very nice gun. ;)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'll probably stick a HIVIZ front sight on mine.:D
Yeah you gotta get rid of that near useless black ramp. :) I decided on the FireSights since they are the cheapest option for switching out both ends and I got the ADJUSTABLE version so I could have something to ADJUST, doggone it! :p But honestly I wouldn't have minded the front being a wee bit brighter at my indoor range today. But still, way, way better than stock.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Congrats. on the new GP. I'm still on the fence trying to decide between the 3" and the 4.2". Enjoy your range time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love my 3" GP100. ShopRuger sells the compact size grips with wood inserts. I put them on my gun and am so happy that I did !

·
Registered
680 Posts
Sorry about the surgery but congrats on the new revolver! I've owned a few GP 100s but took me a while until I found the one I really like, being a four inch blued variant. I would suggest you get the 'compact' lett grips as they are really comfy and great for concealed carry over the full size lett grips. They work way better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hope recovery goes smoothly. I also just recently purchased same gun. I already have the older 4" model and love it. Just to let you know, I ordered the Lett style wood grips from Ruger and the aluminum dowel pin does not fit. Only goes in half way. I guess the current new frames are different diameter. Was really looking forward to them. They are very comfortable to shoot.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Some of the newer GP's have a different diameter hole in the grip frame, for some reason, since most of them ship with Hogue grips, I guess they drill the hole smaller.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hope recovery goes smoothly. I also just recently purchased same gun. I already have the older 4" model and love it. Just to let you know, I ordered the Lett style wood grips from Ruger and the aluminum dowel pin does not fit. Only goes in half way. I guess the current new frames are different diameter. Was really looking forward to them. They are very comfortable to shoot.
I had to enlarge the hole to 7/16" for the dowel pin to fit mine, perfect fit now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts