Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Nice. I have collected Standards and Mk I's for years, and added a Mk II a couple years back. I owned a Mk III for about 2 weeks, and haven't missed it. I still haven't purchased the Mk IV, but the only thing keeping me from it is I haven't found a deal yet. My Mk II is also a 22/45, and it was easy getting used to it. You did good.

·
Super Moderator
5,271 Posts
Nice! I have 4 mk iv’ including the 22/45 you have. I replaced the plastic grips with a set of vz g10’s and it made all the difference. Enjoy!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice purchase. You're going to have fun with that.
I really needed a .22. I have a 1983 Colt Ace that I don't want to overuse. I loved my older Ruger, so I decided on the Mk IV. I'll take it to the range this weekend. Can't wait.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
168 Posts
The Mark IV is already drilled and taped to accept a Picatinny rail. And a nice red dot sight on it would make it great for Bullseye shooting or just for fun at the range.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I recently purchased a 22/45 MKIV exactly like yours. I own Standard, MKII, MKIII and several barrel configurations of each. But decided to buy a MKIV in 22/45 configuration. Like you, pretty sure I'm going to like it. Congrats to both of us. :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
MKIVs are like redheads for me. Every one I see beckons me. I only have the one, but I see a half dozen in my future.
Bwahahaha, I see a very costly future for you.... unless you're a single man, then I simply wish you luck. Those redheads can be spiteful.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice! I went the other way with my Mark 4 and bought a standard with a short tapered Barrel just like a Mark 1. The joy of the easy breakdown , no matter which IV!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nice! I went the other way with my Mark 4 and bought a standard with a short tapered Barrel just like a Mark 1. The joy of the easy breakdown , no matter which IV!
YOUSAID IT! With my older one, take it apart in about fifteen seconds, clean it in about twenty minutes, reassemble it in about three hours including frustration, whisky breaks, and fits of rage.

·
Registered
101 Posts
YOUSAID IT! With my older one, take it apart in about fifteen seconds, clean it in about twenty minutes, reassemble it in about three hours including frustration, whisky breaks, and fits of rage.
Yes, but those times when it goes together in a couple minutes seem so special. Like when I used to drink, and stood in line for a urinal at the bar for what seemed like hours. When you finally reach your goal there’s nothing like it.

I’m not sure that’s a fitting simile, but you get my drift.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Finding one of these in your LGS is nearly impossible. But, Four Seasons in Woburn came through with BRAND NEW!

View attachment 163449 View attachment 163450 View attachment 163451 View attachment 163452
Congrats on the New MK IV......looks very nice....i like the barrel & the 45-11 grip.....several years ago I picked up a nice used MK III 6" Stainless Steel Hunter at my LGS just before the MKIV came out.....I got a great deal, but after a field strip for cleaning & re-assembly, I wish I had known about the MK IV coming out, i would have waited.....but for 325 bucks i couldn't pass it up. I have the original grips but like the basket weave, I put an inexpensive tru-glow red dot on it, its amazing how much that helped the groups.
Congrats again....You came out ahead with the MK IV.
Trigger Wood Wheel Air gun Automotive tire

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats on the New MK IV......looks very nice....i like the barrel & the 45-11 grip.....several years ago I picked up a nice used MK III 6" Stainless Steel Hunter at my LGS just before the MKIV came out.....I got a great deal, but after a field strip for cleaning & re-assembly, I wish I had known about the MK IV coming out, i would have waited.....but for 325 bucks i couldn't pass it up. I have the original grips but like the basket weave, I put an inexpensive tru-glow red dot on it, its amazing how much that helped the groups.
Congrats again....You came out ahead with the MK IV.
Funny; I sold my Mk III Hunter identical to yours to buy the Mk IV!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Never understood all the frustration with assembling a Mark I, II, or III. Easy peasy, but I work on motorcycles and that builds patience.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Never understood all the frustration with assembling a Mark I, II, or III. Easy peasy, but I work on motorcycles and that builds patience.
It takes lots of patience, frustration, fits of rage, lots of beer, a few whiskies, and three hours.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts