Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got my deer. I had to work this weekend because a guy double crossed me about working for me, so I missed opening weekend. Hunted all day Monday with no luck. Hunted Tuesday morning and seen 4 does but could not get a shot. Finally about an hour before dark I had this puny 8 pointer come in behind me. I was really uneasy about the shot as there was a lot of woods between him and me, but I got him. I have killed does bigger than this guy, and he is an honest 8 point buck. Plumb puny. But at least I got him. You can see how stinking hot it is here, as I had to take my shirt off after dragging him to level ground.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Maybe puny to you, but any 10 pointer put down is a successful hunt. Some deer is for eating and some is for dragging, and some is just for bragging.

All jokes aside any hunt is a good hunt. The things we learn about nature are invaluable and the time spent in the woods priceless.

Happy that you got one.

Our season starts in the morning so I am trying to put it to bed tonight, but those last minute checks are killing me.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
meat in the freezer! and any hunt where you can get away from it all for a while is worth it'

·
Registered
362 Posts
Congragulations. I am not a trophy hunter. Any meat put in the freezer is a successful hunt to me. So far I have been skunked this year on deer and elk. My last chance is this upcoming weekend, late buck season. I hope I get one as pretty as yours. Good job.:D

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And my wife got a doe this morning! I would post pics but she wont let me. Been a good season so far!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Happy that you both enjoyed a successful hunt!!! I think venison beats beefsteak any day!!!

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. I changed the original post to read a 8 pointer instead of a 10. I have been told by a couple of knowledgeable fellas that the brow tines have to be an inch or better to count, and my deer just had a couple of nubs down there. So, he is an 8 pointer, but the deer chili and burgers and the jerky taste the same!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts