Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got home yesterday and UPS knocked on my door. Got a box from Ruger. They sent me a new slide to replace the one that the bluing was coming off of.

I didn't take both apart and compare anything as far as the firing pin and spring but I did take the new one apart and filed and polished the blocker button and cut 3 winds off the button spring.

While I had the LC9 slightly down, I decided on a full tear down of everything. I slightly reworked the groove in the hammer some more since my trigger bar as dropping out of it too soon and causing a goofy feel to the trigger. Also polished up the sides of the hammer better and any other friction points for the whole trigger system.

Talk about butter smooth now.

Well when weather allows ( we are having rain and 50+ mph gusts right now) I plan on a trip to the pit to see if it shoots straighter with the new slide and to see if I have to rework the sights on it like the last slide.

I also want to see if I am still getting light strikes or if they updated the firing pin etc to fix the light strike problem.

But it is locked up and waiting since it is no longer my main carry weapon. My P938 has taken its place since it is slightly smaller and feels lighter and is 100% more reliable then my LC9 was.

Oh I did take my modified LCI off the old slide and put it on the new slide.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
So you got Ruger to send you a new slide. How did that play out with customer service? Good for you, no issues with your mods. Did you ever figure out what caused the finish to turn?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you got Ruger to send you a new slide. How did that play out with customer service? Good for you, no issues with your mods. Did you ever figure out what caused the finish to turn?
They know nothing about my modifcations to the weapon since I did not tell them. The only thing they will find is a shaved down front sight when the recieve the old slide. I don't think they will notice the 2 winds cut off the blocker button spring or the polished blocker button.

I did not send them the pistol, they just sent me a slide after I emailed them pictures of it.

My thinking was that they did not clean the slide good enough before applying the "bluing"

If the bluing comes off the second slide then I am not even going to contact them.

I will just completely remove the bluing and polish the slide up and leave it at that. A two tone LC9.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Well hopefully this one works out for you and you have no more problems. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts