Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is it, the finished revovling Ruger Super Redhawk 44mag rifle. I have alot of time and hard work in this bad boy. It is awesome to shoot. I hope you guys like it. I will be hunting with this for deer in PA this year and I will let you all know how I do with it. Some of you have seen it unfinished so let me know what you think.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/levimccollum/100_4772.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/levimccollum/100_4781.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd60/levimccollum/100_4770.jpg

Roger McCollum

·
Registered
431 Posts
Man, that rascal is just slick. I wish we weren't so far apart, I'd like to see it in person.

Molon Labe

Kim

·
Registered
335 Posts
Now that pretty Special if I do say so...<:))

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just got back from sighting it in and it did great. At first it was not on the paper, but I got it in at 100yards with a 1/2 inch group. That was with american ammo so I know it will be better with the Buffalo bore ammo. I'm glad you all like it. I'm very proud of it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Blaster

... I'm very proud of it.
and rightly so I'd say. Your time and effort paid of handsomely. That is one fine looking and unique firearm.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok here goes. I had a 7.5" muzzle brake made for me to make the barrel a legal size. I then made the forearm and stock fit to the revolver and that is where all the time came in. I had to make the forearm open so the cylinder would open. The revolver was engraved by a guy in Milford, PA. The whole gun cost about 950.00 to make. It was fun thinking of the concept and then making it happen. I know that there is a Co. out there that is making a revolving rifle, but nothing like this. I will have to tweak this one a little more to lesson the gas coming from the cylinder. I took the barrel gap down to 3,000 of an inch but you still get a little out of it. I shot 35 rounds with it yesterday with no problem at all with the gas hitting my hand. I'm glad you guys like it.

So muzzle brake 200, gun 600, barrel work 100 and stock 65 drinking a keg of beer making the gun priceless. LOL

Roger

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Where did you get your inspiration for this?

That is a sharp and unique gun you got there and i think you need to make some detailed 8" x 10" photos of it along with some small descriptions of the work and mail them to ruger headquarters just to show them the concept.

Ruger could benefit just from the imagination of what can be done. What was old--the revolving carbine---is new again! This just screams for a companion built on the single-six.

I'm not saying that this item should be put into mass production. What i am saying is just show ruger what can be done with a little imagination in the r&d part!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Quite a piece of work there. May I make a suggestion for the blow out gas? How about making a nice leather cuff for your fore arm? Could be as fancy or as plain as you want and would work without screwing around with the gun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Deputy125 thanks and I'm doing just that. I have meet with a patent lawyer just so no one will steel my concept. I know this has been done before and is still being sold today. I just took it to another level with what I built and with the muzzle brake and cool stock I think I have made something that any one would want. I think this would be a great add on for any revolver out there. We will see.

Cary the blow out gas on your hand is not a problem at all. The problem is in the gas coming back at your face. I'm still R&D'ing that and have come up with something to stop that. I will let you guys know how I make out with.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
wow that is one fine looking weapon there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts