Ruger Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Fiocchi 9mm Shooting Dynamics works just fine in my LC9s.....generally @ a pretty good price. Have never tried it in .380.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Can't say I've had any issues with Fiocchi Ammo in any of the calibers I use. It's always been more than reasonably consistent. Not my only brand of ammo to shoot, but I don't avoid it like some other brands.

·
Banned
1,427 Posts
Fiocchi 9mm Shooting Dynamics works just fine in my LC9s.....generally @ a pretty good price. Have never tried it in .380.
Yes, I use a lot of Fiocchi in my LCR9mm. In fact talked to a Tech at Ruger one day about the Bluing on my gun and we got into a discussion on ammo. He told me they test the LCR9mm with Fiocchi ammo. I also like PrecisionOne, and American Eagle.
For carry I use ARX9mm Plus P.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This about the ammo and not the pistol. I purchased a Remington RM380. I picked up a box of Fiocchi 380 ammo at the same store. I had chambering problems right away. :( The second mag the first round hung half-way in the chamber. The fifth round did the same. At least one failure every mag. :mad:
I got a box of Remington brand 380 ammo. It functioned perfectly. After carefully inspecting the fired brass, I could see a burr on the Fiocchi brass where the extractor hit it. :confused: Closer inspection showed the rim was thicker on that brass than on the Remington brass. The thicker rim would not slide up under the extractor when the round was entering the chamber.

I picked up a box of Federal ammo and a box of Herters. I went back to the range today and the Remington, Federal, and Herters all worked perfectly. :D

Has anybody had any problems with Fiocchi ammo?
I had some folks over to my range. One person had a Ruger LCP 380 and had several failures with steel cased ammo, which I never use. I gave the last 20 rounds of Fiocchi to my son who has a LCP, but he may not try it for months.

NavigatOR
Have Springfield 911 380, and have used some variety of ammo brands. I have used Fiocchi 9mm for several
years thru my Beretta FS 92 without any king of problem. Just finished using some TUL ammo on the Spring 380 on the Range, and reloaded my magazines with the Fiocchi, 95 Gr. fmj. Initially thought I just had a typical jam, but couldn't get any cartridges to load at all. Couldn't even get to push the slide to get into battery. Later benched and
cleaned the Spring 380. Observing every possible scenario of what the hell is going on. Polished the feed ramps, etc.,
and found the cartridge was hanging up in the base as it is picked up by the extractor. Thought maybe my piece is too new and didn't get broken in yet. Seems like the edge of the extractor might be very sharp, (not broke in yet). I do a lot of 9mm reloading, and mike'd the 380's. All were ok, and rechecked several in the headspace gauge, all were ok. Dropped in several by hand into the chamber with no problem. Checked Fiocchi against several brass headstamp brands and found that the thickness of the rim on the casing is approximately 3mm thicker than all the other brass I have. (It's difficult to gauge that lip with the mike I used); but sure as hell is Thicker. With this revelation, inserted a round into the chamber manually, and you could see the extractor only partially seated over the rim, and wouldn't even let me push the slide closed. Suppose I could get another extractor and modify one to increase the rim space to accept the fiocchi.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts