Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using a great little freeware program for a couple of years now called Gunsafe28 http://www.somanyroads.org/gunsafe/ The program allows for detailed cataloging of your collection with purchase/Disposal information, the ability to add pictures, and a great database pre-loaded into the software. I have used Excel spreadsheets in the past, but this program is far superior. What other types of software are people using?

Chicken-Farmer

·
Registered
505 Posts
I myself am using an excel spreadsheet. I have it backed up by printing it off in my safe, and also pictures of every gun in the safe. I guess I really felt the need to improve upon it.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,667 Posts
I use MS Excel too. It's a very powerful program with features most people don't know about. Several years ago, I took an advanced class in Excel so I made up a very nice "gun collection" spreadsheet as a class project. I still use it. Additionally, I have a MS Word document for each of my guns that also has photos inserted. The last cell of each row is a hyperlink to the Word document for that particular gun.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I use MS Excel too. It's a very powerful program with features most people don't know about. Several years ago, I took an advanced class in Excel so I made up a very nice "gun collection" spreadsheet as a class project. I still use it. Additionally, I have a MS Word document for each of my guns that also has photos inserted. The last cell of each row is a hyperlink to the Word document for that particular gun.
The complimentary Word document is a nice idea. Never thought of it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I Like this idea. I am going to try this. Thank you Iowegan.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I use a program from heavymetalsoftware.com that keeps inventory of the firearms I have. It also keeps inventory of reloading components and when you load is subtracts the components and adds to the loaded ammo inventory.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts