Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have FireSights on your GP100? Thinking about getting a set. My eyes aren't what they used to be. I put a HiViz on the front already and it helped tremendously, but that rear sight is still a bit hard for me to pick up. Does the rear FireSight help, and is it durable? Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I find that they fit very loose...and have a lot of side to side play. The defiantly caused my zero to shift side to side.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
I have fire sights on my 44 Magnum lever rifle and like them a lot. The front is orange and the rear are green. Very easy to see in the right light. When they don't light up, they are a typical Partridge sight which works well for me.

I just bought a fiber optic front sight for my GP100 and look forward to giving it a try.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
I installed Williams Fire Sights on my 4" SS GP100.
They are very easy to see and allow you to sight quickly on your target.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses. I've read some reviews that say the rear sight doesn't quite fit in the sight channel and there is some lateral play. Most reviews say they are very nice. I wonder if the rear would work with my existing Hi Viz front?

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
I only have tem on the front of my GP100, and I really like them. I have shot guns that have them fore and aft, and although tou can certainly see them, they present a confusing sight picture to me.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Thanks for the responses. I've read some reviews that say the rear sight doesn't quite fit in the sight channel and there is some lateral play. Most reviews say they are very nice. I wonder if the rear would work with my existing Hi Viz front?
The rear sight was too high and the existing screw was only half threaded preventing me from snugging it down, so I added a stainless washer under the screw head.
Fortunately the results are perfect.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I liked the idea of the older one that mounted to the existing rear sight, but then they changed to a whole complete rear sight setup.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I liked the idea of the older one that mounted to the existing rear sight, but then they changed to a whole complete rear sight setup.
I actually just noticed that. I was reading what must have been an older review and the rear sight blade was the only thing that was replaced. Now it does look like the whole assembly gets swapped out.

I'm still a bit on the fence. The Hi Viz and factory rear are good, but when I see pictures of the rear FireSight they really pop.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I installed Hi-Vis sights on my GP. It came with red, green, and white tubes that stand out in daylight beautifully. I would recommend these sights to anyone. A real improvement

1 - 18 of 18 Posts