Ruger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys been lurking in the shadows for awhile over here in Australia,just got my hands on my first #1 Monday she’s in pretty good condition and in the old faithful 45/70 .loaded up some hard cast projectiles earlier started light 350 grain pill and 40 grains off ar2207 (4198) just to get me started and a feel for the new girl
Next is some 405grains

·
Registered
328 Posts
They do accumulate I will admit, 17 have lived here but only 16 now....Feel like I'm in confession.Suppose I a making progress downsizing :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Load that rifle up with some 30 gr Hornady jacketed and let it rip. Will be good for everything except Elephant, Rino, and Cape Buff. I also have a #1 in .45-70 and it is a fine rifle. Enjoy.
Have a great day.
Jim

·
Registered
869 Posts
Love the #1 in 45-70, finally sold my gold embellished 50th anniversary just to darn pretty to shoot. Had bad experience with my second #1 in the same caliber, would not hold zero except windage.
Ruger sent me several different front and rear sights because of the elevation problems. Sold it and got a stainless with laminated stock and it is a tack driver. Later found out the problem with the elevation was the screw holding the forend on was apparently pushing against the barrel causing the elevation problems. Ruger never mentioned or suggested that just kept sending me more sights.
Oh well, live and learn. Lots of spare sight parts now. :)
Enjoy yours.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
giday mate good mob here enjoy your No1

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry folks I mistyped 30 instead of 300 - 350 gr bullets. 1800 to 200 FPS will work just fine.
Have a great day.
Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks boys as I said always wanted a #1 finally got one and yes already looking at a 458lott or a 7 Rem mag
The trigger seems lighter than I expected I’m guessing around a pound

·
Army CW3
1,287 Posts
I have a circa 1978 Ruger® No 1 in 7mm Remington® Magnum and it is a tack driver out to 500yds! Welcome to rugerforum.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts