Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting an AK variant with my next paycheck. I have narrowed it down to an Arsenal Inc or this new M+M M10 I have seen. Both seem to be very decent but as I am not experienced with AKs I figured I'd ask the forum. I know the M10 is Romanian but it's new and supposedly way better quality thatn the WASR-10s. The Arsenal Inc is Russian Saiga converted but does that mean proprietary mags or can I use any AK mag? So many question, any input would be awesome. I know the M+M comes with a Tapco G2 trigger installed and a quad rail and it's cheaper than the arsenal. I'm trying to keep it under $800 but not get a POS.
HELP!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Forget the AK47. Get an AR15 instead. Much more accurate. Easier to work on. A whole lot more interchangeable barrels. Can change the caliber. And people wont think you are some kind of closet terrorist.

·
Registered
815 Posts
the SGL rifles that used to be converted by Arsenal are now done by the FIME group--same setup, just a different name. The Arsenal SLRs are a touch more.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,028 Posts
I'm looking into getting an AK variant with my next paycheck. I have narrowed it down to an Arsenal Inc or this new M+M M10 I have seen. Both seem to be very decent but as I am not experienced with AKs I figured I'd ask the forum. I know the M10 is Romanian but it's new and supposedly way better quality thatn the WASR-10s. The Arsenal Inc is Russian Saiga converted but does that mean proprietary mags or can I use any AK mag? So many question, any input would be awesome. I know the M+M comes with a Tapco G2 trigger installed and a quad rail and it's cheaper than the arsenal. I'm trying to keep it under $800 but not get a POS.
HELP!
I own 3 of the romainian wasr 10/63's and have fire several thousands of rounds from 2 of them since 2005 and never a jam, malfunction or anything that made it quit working with tula, wolf and domestic russian ammo. They aren't as pretty as the Arsenal rifles, but with a set of tapco timberline stocks, or Kvar black synthetics its really hard to tell the difference apperance wise. I have fired the Maadi, Bulgarian, and various milled Ak's, along with the arsenal Ak's, in my opinion they are all the tractors of the firearm world, made to be a little rough, but deadly reliable no matter the make. Only stickler to the wasr is make sure the front sight post was installed at 90 degrees or straight up. Also check the rear sight to make sure it was machined correctly. The Wasr will save you several $100 over the arsenal or other high end Ak's. Just my opinion. I would also have no problem trusting my life to the wasr's I own. I have also noticed that the newer made wasr's are made to higher standards than one I bought made from them in 05 which was rough but functional, and able to shoot below 2.5 moa on a good day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts