Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is from my range trip Friday. I shot this group with my Windham Weaponry MPC. The optic was a Vortex Spitfire 3X. The .223 Remington reload was 55 gr VMAX bullet, 23.4 gr AR-Comp powder, CCI 400 primer, Federal brass. COAL 2.250

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447004634.782456.jpg

25 yards (indoors) only. Not too bad. I like the VMAX bullets

·
Corps Commander NGV
5,458 Posts
Good first run! Did you have any function issues? If your AR ran fine with it then you can get outdoors to a 50 or 100yd range. Use a handgun target with a large bullseye and the 3x scope can still let you shoot good groups. Did you get a chance to eject an unfired reload from the chamber while at the range? Doing so can reveal any issues with insufficient neck tension that you won't notice loading magazines and firing until empty. I have had great luck with Hornady's 55gr SP in my AR. Happy reloading, and enjoy that good feeling you get when your handloads shoot well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AR functioned fine with the reloads. No issues. I am using the cannelured version of the bullet and applying a light crimp.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Nice shooting, I presume that was done all off hand. I too prefer your choice of bullets however I've been using H335 for the best accuracy out to 100 yards using the 55 grain pill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts