Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Impressed!

Took the new 10/22 out to the woods today and target shot cans, bottles, paper targets and worms. After a few rounds I started getting a pretty good feel of the gun. I have a long way to go, but I am sure a scope will help me as well. All in all I am extremely happy with the rifle. I put 400 +/- rounds of Federal bulk through and had 2 FTF and 1 ejection failure.

I also know I need a couple of the 25 banana clips. I have only the standard 10 round magazine and got tired of feeding that thing real quick.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Thats why I bought so many of the 25 rounders. I can load them at home while watching a ballgame and then don't have to worry about it at the range. But at times I like using the 10-rounders because thats about what I like to shoot before checking targets. But the 25's come in handy for just plinking.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats why I bought so many of the 25 rounders. I can load them at home while watching a ballgame and then don't have to worry about it at the range. But at times I like using the 10-rounders because thats about what I like to shoot before checking targets. But the 25's come in handy for just plinking.

You can shoot for an hour with all the magazines you have! :D

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
You can shoot for an hour with all the magazines you have! :D
If I load them all up they hold almost 800 rounds. Thats about all I'll shoot at a time in the 10/22's. I'll normally shoot more than one type of gun whenever I go so if I take them all I never reload at the range.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I load them all up they hold almost 800 rounds. Thats about all I'll shoot at a time in the 10/22's. I'll normally shoot more than one type of gun whenever I go so if I take them all I never reload at the range.

That is amazing!

I also to the SR9 out for the first time other than a short range session when I bought in a month ago or so. I really didn't have much fun shooting it. So much so I am now considering selling it.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
That is amazing!

I also to the SR9 out for the first time other than a short range session when I bought in a month ago or so. I really didn't have much fun shooting it. So much so I am now considering selling it.
Whats not to like about it? Try shooting it in the Fall Contest.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whats not to like about it? Try shooting it in the Fall Contest.

I just had a lot more fun with the 10/22. Heck, within 10 minutes we blew through $60 of 9mm ammo. I still have around 150 rounds from the 550 round box of .22 ammo left and that box was around $18.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I just had a lot more fun with the 10/22. Heck, within 10 minutes we blew through $60 of 9mm ammo. I still have around 150 rounds from the 550 round box of .22 ammo left and that box was around $18.
I hear ya on the cost. I have a lot of high powered rifles/pistols and end up shooting a .22LR mostly. So a typical day at the range might be 500 rounds of 22, 20 rounds of 9mm or 45 ACP, and 20 rounds of 5.56 or 7.62.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I hear ya on the cost. I have a lot of high powered rifles/pistols and end up shooting a .22LR mostly. So a typical day at the range might be 500 rounds of 22, 20 rounds of 9mm or 45 ACP, and 20 rounds of 5.56 or 7.62.
Amen to that. And to think 9mm is the budget centerfire round.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts