Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the new Jeep to my first Jeepfest Saturday and Sunday. The Pickens County Sheriffs hold an annual Jeepfest to help children that may be marginal become better people and citizens. I think around 1500 jeeps and plenty of obstacles, trail rides, and fun. Really was amazed at what the Jeep could do. It has 2.5 inch lift and 35" tires and I was the only limiting factor. I am sure that eventually I will get overzealous and get stuck or break something. Right now I realize I need to get my off road skills up to par. I was in awe that I was idling up a 35 degree hill and the articulation was awesome. So was two day for me that were just full of fun, adrenaline packed challenges and for a worthy cause. This was in Jasper, GA. Jeeps only, so maybe next year can get a forum meet there for some Jeep owners.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I swear I've owned every Jeep made and the best by far was my 67 Commando. Bought a Toyota FJ Cruiser a few years back and it would eat anything on the trail up except that Commando. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Played the Jeep thing for a while a few years back. Miss it somewhat but not so much in other ways. Just too many that were in it for the attention and show of it. Personally, if you're gonna make it appear capable, which it already is pretty darn capable as is, don't do it for show - do it to do it. More than once I've seen the Testosterone-seekers all chromed up with their lifts and tough looking tires all set up for the trails or worse only to be "oh, no it ain't for wheeling" Really? Kinda the Jeep equivalent of the mall ninja - all show, no go. LoL Put it on a Jeep and worried to scratch it, you're in the wrong vehicle. ;)

Good to hear you got out in the trails with yours. More so with it being for a good cause. One thing I used that made a diff was sway bar disconnects. Upgrade the u-joints as well and carry a spare.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Played the Jeep thing for a while a few years back. Miss it somewhat but not so much in other ways. Just too many that were in it for the attention and show of it. Personally, if you're gonna make it appear capable, which it already is pretty darn capable as is, don't do it for show - do it to do it. More than once I've seen the Testosterone-seekers all chromed up with their lifts and tough looking tires all set up for the trails or worse only to be "oh, no it ain't for wheeling" Really? Kinda the Jeep equivalent of the mall ninja - all show, no go. LoL Put it on a Jeep and worried to scratch it, you're in the wrong vehicle. ;)

Good to hear you got out in the trails with yours. More so with it being for a good cause. One thing I used that made a diff was sway bar disconnects. Upgrade the u-joints as well and carry a spare.
Yessir. Dents are a badge of accomplishment and pride to a Jeep. Jeep is plenty capable. My off road skills need work and that is coming with practice.

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
That looks fun. I've always wanted a Jeep. It's something the misses hasn't said, "Ok!" I'd like to have a soft top with some mods.

·
Registered
245 Posts
(mall crawler = all show, no go or not a rock crawler) I would love to go I have a 05 Jeep Liberty CRD (diesel) lift big tires lockers and on & on I can go. can u post a link. talked to the wife shes in so all good

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
JEEP -- Just Empty Every Pocket

JeepFest sounds like fun. GA is a little far for me.

I currently have two jeeps. One is highly modified (94 YJ) and the other is still growing up (2010 JK).

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
(mall crawler = all show, no go or not a rock crawler) I would love to go I have a 05 Jeep Liberty CRD (diesel) lift big tires lockers and on & on I can go. can u post a link. talked to the wife shes in so all good
JeepFest

This is the official site. Sounds good to have you join in next year.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
A month or so ago the wife mentioned to me about looking for a new truck so we could trade mine while it's trade-in is high ('07 Tacoma with under 60k). Told her yesterday I wanna wait a couple yrs. Yup, I'm waiting for the Jeep truck! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts