Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a link to the first manufactured aftermarket stock for the 10/22 takedown (TD) from AGP Arms:

AGP Folding Stock For Ruger 10/22 Takedown - AGP Arms, Inc. Store .

It is a folding stock, interesting design. Though I am not sure if it is totally functional with the stock collapsed. I hope that this signals some more aftermarket stock offerings for the 10/22 TD. I have been putting together a build from a blue TD-USA model, and would like to have some more manufactured stock options (i.e., Hogue).

At the present time the build from a K10/22-TD-USA contains:

Timney 10/22 Silver Trigger Guard Assembly
Volquartsen recoil buffer
Volquartsen Silver Extended Bolt Handle Assembly
KIDD scope base, silver low
Leupold VX-1 3-9x40mm silver scope

I am planning on keeping the bright orange Ruger TD pack (and OEM 2-piece stock) in the box, and source another TD pack, still looking for options.

YMMV.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Has anyone determined if the TD is fireable with the stock folded?

From the pictures on the AGP website it looks pretty iffy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Awesome! I was super close to buying one of those a couple months ago and modding it myself for the TD. I'm over it by now though, but I'm still VERY happy to finally see aftermarket stocks for the TD. This is news I've been waiting for for a long time.

BTW, I e-mailed ATI a little while back asking if they had plans to make TD specific stocks. He said he couldn't tell me either way, but to wait and see what happens at SHOT SHOW 2013 in January. I pretty much took that as a yes :p

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I agree, it would've been much better if it folded to the left instead of the right.
The Butler Creek folding stock on the standard carbine folds to the right and it will funtion closed. Or I think it will. Looks like it will but I've never tried it folded.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Has anyone determined if the TD is fireable with the stock folded?

From the pictures on the AGP website it looks pretty iffy.
It would be no different from a Butler Creek folder, or any other folding stock. YES, the 10/22 will fire with the stock folded.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Looks as though the stock will come closed right below the ejection port. Might get some melting if firing fast?? :confused:

Although I don't have a TD model, I am very happy to see the aftermarket items beginning to come out. Looks like there is a long and bright future ahead for the TD! :)

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Notice it doesn't come with a new forend. Wouldn't look right with standard engraved forend in my opinion. Would also be nice if it had some kind of Length of Pull adjustment. Like mentioned above there will be plenty of options in the future.

·
Banned
411 Posts
That was quick. They must be very alert to all new variations.

:)

Yes, the Butler that folds to the right works and shoots just fine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It can be fired while folded, however it doesn't have any way to lock when folded. I used 2 Neodymium magnets, now holds great.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I have a butler creek stainless folder that has a mangled front end anyway. It will be cut down for my takedown when it comes in. Hoping to hear from my shop this week on it. Already have a set of tech sights and a PA microdot waiting for it.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
My AGP folding stock arrived today. It looks great and locks up tight but definitely recommend adding the 1 inch recoil pad.

·
Registered
24 Posts
LOP is 10.5 with 1 inch butt plate, 9.5 without. Personally wish a 2 inch plate was an option. Also think they could have done a better job on the front of the stock, the gap between it and the barrel is pretty wide.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Is it legal to fire a firearm with a folding stock with the stock folded? Remember they measure the rifle with the stock unfolded to make it long enough.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts