Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Always liked the look of a spurless hammer on a revolver so figured why not. 25 bucks for a new hammer a dremel, files, sandpaper and a bit of time and here we are. Needs a bit of touching up smoothing out the lines but so far so good. Yes I still have the original hammer and No nobody had a factory spurless in stock plus I do like to tinker.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Always liked the look of a spurless hammer on a revolver so figured why not. 25 bucks for a new hammer a dremel, files, sandpaper and a bit of time and here we are. Needs a bit of touching up smoothing out the lines but so far so good. Yes I still have the original hammer and No nobody had a factory spurless in stock plus I do like to tinker.
View attachment 154744
Very nicely done. Looks pretty professional. Glad to hear you retained the original hammer.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I really like the spurless hammer. Sixes are so easy to stage trigger there really is no need to use a spur.
Plus shooting double action makes you a better shooter.
Looks nice.

·
Registered
Vaquero 44mag & 44spl, Single-Six, Single-Ten, Wrangler, MkII, American 45, 10-22, Charger, 77-357.
464 Posts
I like the look, and as I often shoot my GP100's DA only, I like the way that Rugers stage the pull. Giving me ideas on my GP100 44spl.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts