Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post,

I Purchased an 1984 25-06 M77 tang safety last year and love it, Shot two bucks with it this past season

I have a chance to purchase a similar 1980's 300 win mag M77 tang safety from the same gentlemen.

any thoughts?

I primarily shoot a Remington SPS Tactical 308 with a mcmillan m-40a-1 HTG stock

I have a Marlin Xl7 .270 that I won at a gun raffle a few years ago, still haven't shot it yet.

The need for a 300 win mag is lacking for me, but i love the older Rugers, from quality and history its hard to pass up on this rifle.

any thoughts are greatly appreciated!:D

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Welcome to the show!

Can't help you "pull the trigger" on your next acquisition but I sure love my M77s!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Welcome.
All I can say is the .300 mag rocks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gents!

Keep the talk going, its never bad to over think the guns we love and the guns we want to love more!

·
Registered
10 Posts
How much, Grassy? That's the big question. I love all the M77 I have owned, over the years. If it's a bargain, it's a buy, IMHO.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
How much, Grassy? That's the big question. I love all the M77 I have owned, over the years. If it's a bargain, it's a buy, IMHO.
Probably around $550-$600,

I paid $650 for the 25-06, which may be slightly high but its a beauty and the gentleman is one of a kind, so taking care of that rifle and passing it on one day would be a privilege.

Like i said before, the need for a 300 win mag really isn't there, but when someone's talking about an M77 from those years i just can't pass that up, and also knowing the man,

its sort of a win win ;) win mag that is

what do you think about that price Red?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm a buyer at that price, Grassy (if I was you). I'm not in the market for a .300 Win Mag, but that sounds like a good price. If it was a 7X57, or a .308, or a .358, or a .35 Whelen... I'd be all over it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts