Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I like this rifle. No misfires or failures to do anything. Functioned perfectly.

Nicely accurate too. I think I want to get a red dot for it. I was using a scope I bought at a yard sale for $7 and it was still shooting great.

The only "problem" was the mag fell out of the well and after it did, it didn't happen again. I think I hit the mag release without knowing it. Pretty easy to do.

Now how about cleaning and lubing the thing. Any tips?

Breech face, barrel and muzzle, obviously, What else?

How do I get in there to clean the bolt and other internals?

How many rounds until rotary magazines need cleaning?

The ruger owners manuals kinda suck I think. They don't tell ya much.

Thanks, guys.

Here's the last 10 rounds shot at 25 yards. It'll get better.

I'm not really satisfied with my shooting of it.

I was experimenting to see how it held zero after a takedown and it did fine. The spread you see below was my fault, not the rifle's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
congrats! i love mine. After I shoot (200 rounds or so) I usually take it all the way down, It strips down easy enough, and once you remove the trigger group, you can get in there good and clean out the receiver. Even remove the bcg assy and clean down there underneath and up front of the assy. Only takes like 20 minutes...

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have a few mags that date back to the early '80s that have never been taken apart for cleaning. I guess if they ever give me trouble I'll take them apart to clean and lube.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Hate to tell you "I told you so", but It's a great little rifle.

Enjoy~!

D.:)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
It is a great rifle, I really like shooting mine. One plus with the takedown, it makes cleaning the barrel a breeze.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hate to tell you "I told you so", but It's a great little rifle.

Enjoy~!

D.:)
And you told me right, cptpoly. I went over that breechface (literally) with a magnifying glass when I got home. It looked fine.

Okay, sometimes I worry too much. But sometimes a little worrying, caution has saved me some headaches too. I just like heading problems off at the pass before they get too bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm jealous, hopefully get the scope and get it mounted in the next week so I can get out. Ahhhh, oh well, I am living vicariously through you guys for the moment. Nice to see another person satisified with the TD.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts