Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first ruger LC9 and I was reassembling it and I was going to put the takedown pin back in and I accidentally slid the slide assembly all the way back and I can't get it to go back forward. Can anyone tell me what to do to get it to slide back forwards?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey Menden.

Couple things to try.

Put the magazine (empty of course) in and pull the trigger.

Give it a couple whacks on the side with a rubber mallet.

Doc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried pulling the trigger and it pulls all the way back, but theres no click and it doesn't move the slide assembly.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
I just got my first ruger LC9 and I was reassembling it and I was going to put the takedown pin back in and I accidentally slid the slide assembly all the way back and I can't get it to go back forward. Can anyone tell me what to do to get it to slide back forwards?
Is you pistol the LC9 or the LC9S version?

·
Registered
385 Posts
If it were me..............I would knock out the 2 pins holding the firing assembly into the frame and pull it out. Sounds like something is not allowing the trigger to reset.........either a spring is out of place or something simple like that.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Do a search in this section.

I seem to remember that people had to remove the striker cuz it's fully cocked due to the slide being all the way back. It's an easy task.

Here's some info:

http://rugerforum.net/ruger-pistols/111318-lc9s-removing-striker-cover.html

That happened to me, too. It's as pretty easy fix. You remove the slide rear plate (cap that keeps the striker in) and pull out the striker. The slide will then come off the front normally. If you haven't yet figured out how to remove the slide rear plate, there's a couple of threads here on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts