Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be picking up my first firearm today! It is a Ruger 10/22. I'm torn between the 1102 and 1103 models. The 1102 is about $45 more, but has a nice texturing/design on the wood, and I like the grain on the walnut quite a bit. I guess my question is...do you all think it is worth the extra money for the nice stock? Are there any other differences between the models?

Also, are there any "must-have" accessories? I'm thinking of picking up a strap as well as a cleaning kit of some sort.

Thanks, in advance!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Yes, the extra to get a walnut stock is worth it in my opinion. I like a nice walnut stock. Definitely get a sling and you need a cleaning kit.

Other than that, get, shoot it, enjoy it and then, after playing with it you can decide if you want anything added (glass optics, red dot, whatever).

·
Exchequer
5,156 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to, what I think will be the beginning of your collection.

The Ruger 10/22 is a fine rifle and a great first gun to get. If you like the walnut, go for it. Nothing like the look and feel of a solid wood stock, especially on an iconic rifle like the 10/22.

If, down the road, you want to dress it up or add to it, there are plenty of aftermarket parts you can get.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
I only buy walnut, so I’m going to reccomend you pop a few extra coins and get the better looking rifle. Wood also feels better to me! You’ll like your 10/22, but I’m sure you’ll come up with accessories as you learn to be comfortable in the 10/22 market

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I bought the 1102 walnut 10/22 sporter. I also bought 100 rounds 40 grain CCI select. Brought it home, loaded/unloaded etc and just admired this awesome piece of technology.

So happy with my purchase, and glad to be a member of the ruger family.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
You'll not ever be sorry for spending the extra money. I've had mine, the deluxe sporter for years and still enjoy it, both to shoot and to just look at. If it aint wood and it aint blue steel it aint mine!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts