Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be picking up my first firearm today! It is a Ruger 10/22. I'm torn between the 1102 and 1103 models. The 1102 is about $45 more, but has a nice texturing/design on the wood, and I like the grain on the walnut quite a bit. I guess my question is...do you all think it is worth the extra money for the nice stock? Are there any other differences between the models?

Also, are there any "must-have" accessories? I'm thinking of picking up a strap as well as a cleaning kit of some sort.

Thanks, in advance!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yes, the extra to get a walnut stock is worth it in my opinion. I like a nice walnut stock. Definitely get a sling and you need a cleaning kit.

Other than that, get, shoot it, enjoy it and then, after playing with it you can decide if you want anything added (glass optics, red dot, whatever).

·
Exchequer
5,270 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to, what I think will be the beginning of your collection.

The Ruger 10/22 is a fine rifle and a great first gun to get. If you like the walnut, go for it. Nothing like the look and feel of a solid wood stock, especially on an iconic rifle like the 10/22.

If, down the road, you want to dress it up or add to it, there are plenty of aftermarket parts you can get.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
I only buy walnut, so I’m going to reccomend you pop a few extra coins and get the better looking rifle. Wood also feels better to me! You’ll like your 10/22, but I’m sure you’ll come up with accessories as you learn to be comfortable in the 10/22 market

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I bought the 1102 walnut 10/22 sporter. I also bought 100 rounds 40 grain CCI select. Brought it home, loaded/unloaded etc and just admired this awesome piece of technology.

So happy with my purchase, and glad to be a member of the ruger family.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.