Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a pretty good time Alice did a fine job the six shooters did a fine job. How ever the shot gun isn't worth spit if ya ask me its a remake of the 1887 by Neinco the feild loads I took( as that is what I have on hand ) after firing were too long to be ejected, what a mess. Fortunely my shooting partner loan me his. I had some misses and my time was way hi on the adverage 73.33 second per stage. So I know what I need to work on and have bought some better shot shels and will take the 1897 next time. But I had fun and met some real nice folks all in all a great day. Nope didn't get no pictures sorry men.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Never seen a match...lots of grins when guys talk of them, though, must be fun....

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I really want to see a match. But I'm afraid as soon as I do, I'll be in the market for a pair of .357 single actions to match my lever gun, another shotgun and a cowboy hat!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
an 1897????
Snuffy i figured you for a two-row man!!!!
Many double barrels at the competition?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I have one of those too, all i have to do is take out the auto ejectors. I sorta like it for my home nite greeter lol. I will take the 97 this next match and see how I do there and if it doesn't work out then its back to the two rows.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Glad to hear you had a good time. SASS is about as much fun as you can have at the range. Don't worry too much about how fast you shoot, just about how much fun you have (my personal take...)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This true and I had alot of misses also. So now I am just trying to have a clean match no misses.

·
Banned
723 Posts
SASS is all about fun.

I heard it said that it's the only sport where women talk about their guns and the men talk about their costumes.

I love shooting SASS. I have a pair of New Vaqueros in .357 Mag with a 38 Special 1866 and a "Coach Gun". I'm slow, but so what. I get to dress up and play my Great- Grandfather, that makes it worthwhile to me.

Biker

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I never seen a SASS match in real life, only on TV. I know you will improve on your times with each match you shoot Snuffy. Good Luck & have lots of fun!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks yep I know that for sure. The folks that I was shooting with are getting ready for the state championship match in May. Its alot of fun, I was up until midnite getting the loading blocks made to use in the match so I was one tod tired man yesterday. It will go better next time.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Sure make me want to sign up. Sounds like you had a ball. Wish they had something close enough to the homestead to go and at least watch. I think I'm missing out on something good here!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
check out the sass site I bet there is one close by, my shotgun messed up on me and 5 shooters offered me theirs to shoot. At one stage I forgot to reload my belt with shotshell and they handed me theirs so I could shoot. I am going to join that club sure met some nice folks there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I shot my first SASS event a month or so ago and I will tell you now, if you like to shoot single action pistols and lever guns and don't want to get hooked on this sport you had better stay away.

The SASS people that I have met so far are about the friendliest bunch of hombres I have ever met.

I am gonna have a lot of fun with this.............

1 - 15 of 15 Posts