Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to zero my new Ruger American Predator in 308. It's topped with a Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40. Got it from the shop bore sighted and found it to be pretty much on the money. Made a one click correction to the left and it's a tac driver with both 168 gr Hornady Z-Max and Remington 150 gr Core-lock ammo.

It's my first bolt action rifle in some time, cheapest also, which is amazing. Action is smooth, not Reminton, Weatherby, or high end rifle slick, but for it's price range it's unbelievable IMO. Fit and Finish is excellent, as I Have come to expect from Ruger. I'm completely satisfied with this purchase....it's as advertised.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any hang ups or feed problems when working the bolt quickly?
None and I was anticipating I might have an issue being the rifle was new, hadn't cleaned it and wasn't as smooth as higher end bolt actions I've fired or owned. Turned out to be a pleasant experience.

After the test firing and a quick clean and lube, the bolt is 100% better than it was out of the box.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I love my predator 308, smother more accurate than my m77 hawkey and half the money. Handy rifle with 18 inch barrel and shorter stock. Can't wait to get a buck with it. I am not a fan of plastic stocks, but they are more practical in a utility rifle. Happy hunting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts