Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few S&W and a GP100 revolver but I picked up Single Six about a month ago. It has a 5 1/2 inch barrel in blue with wood grips and the extra magnum cylinder. So far I've put 400 rounds of various brand ammo with no problems at all. I like it so much I'm thinking about a Blackhawk maybe as a Christmas present to myself. I have a couple of 357 revolvers so I'm thinking about a 44mag or even a 45 convertible. Any advise?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about 357/9mm but read the 9MM was not very accurate. Has that been your experience?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ashamed to say that at age 51, with all the guns I've fired since my first in 1979, I've never once fired a single action revolver (how lame is that?) :(:(:(

·
Registered
549 Posts
My first was a Bearcat, bought new in 1964 for $49.50 and I now have three more, two .44 magnums and a .45 Colt. The Bearcat was the first gun I bought for my self when I was discharged, (honorable), from the Army.........robin

·
Registered
862 Posts
The convertible in 45lc/acp is a very worthy choice. You get the option of reloading and shooting 45LC as well as shooting cheap .45ACP.

I currently have about a dozen SAA's and keep 1000's of 45LC and 45ACP for enjoyment. Yes, I would be a poster child for the anti gun crowd for keeping an arsenal, but enjoy single actions.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Ashamed to say that at age 51, with all the guns I've fired since my first in 1979, I've never once fired a single action revolver (how lame is that?) :(:(:(
Mr Jim I believe it's time to remedy this situation !!!! Have fun doing so

·
Registered
906 Posts
I have a few S&W and a GP100 revolver but I picked up Single Six about a month ago. It has a 5 1/2 inch barrel in blue with wood grips and the extra magnum cylinder. So far I've put 400 rounds of various brand ammo with no problems at all. I like it so much I'm thinking about a Blackhawk maybe as a Christmas present to myself. I have a couple of 357 revolvers so I'm thinking about a 44mag or even a 45 convertible. Any advise?
Get whatever is first available, the rest will soon follow because you are now infected with the bug and won't be able to stop at just one, darn I love this particular sickness!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Am I correct in assuming the the 357 also shoots 38spl and the 44 mag also shoots 44spl.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A Single-Six was my first gun buy 40 years ago and my last (last week) was an 1961 OM Blackhawk refinished by Ruger in 88 and not fired since ($600) - it's awesome!

·
Registered
803 Posts
I will second the idea of the 45Colt/45ACP. I have a Bisley version 5 1/2 stainless. It shoots suitably accurate for any purpose. With this combo you can go from the very mild to bear stoppers in the same SA if you should so desire. I like mine a lot and it will bang steel on a 100 yard range so long as I do my part with either cylinder.

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Kingsey, the 9mm is not going to shoot as accurately as the 357 in the convertible, true, but the 9mm does shoot plenty well enough for practice and just plain, cheap shooting fun.

·
Registered
865 Posts
The convertible blackhawks are really fun. I have them in 45ACP/45Colt and 357/9mm. Now 9mm is a little less accurate than 357 but not a lot and still usable for plinking or to take out something like a gopher. Pictures.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[/QUOTE]

dakota1911, It appears you like the shot barrel, l was thinking 5 1/2 in barrel.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Mr. Jim , that's not lame at all . I think you're just being wise because once you do shoot those single actions , out comes the checkbook ,or debit card , or credit card , or...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts