Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 10/22 and I'm very happy with the rifle. I'm a little unsure about which model I have... I believe it to be a 10/22 carbine. It has a wood stock with the black matte finish barrel and has a band wrapped around the stock and the barrel around where you would think a sling stud would go, about 1.5" back from the front end of the stock.

I want to make sure I'm posting questions in the appropriate sections, but I don't see a category for "10/22 carbine" so which category should I use?

I also have a couple questions about choosing the right sight, and issues with BX-15 and BX-25 magazines.

This is just my first post so that's just basically where I'm at in general. Any guidance would be appreciated. Looking forward to learning from what appears to be a very active community.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Greetings from the Show Me State.

Reactions: Thunderstick

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I want to make sure I'm posting questions in the appropriate sections, but I don't see a category for "10/22 carbine" so which category should I use?
Welcome to the forum. There actually is a Rim Fire/10-22 subforum.

·
Pony Soldier
8,725 Posts
Greetings from Nebraska.

Greg

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
3,079 Posts
Greetings form Central Ohio and welcome to the forum.
1.) There is a sub forum "Ruger 10/22 Rimfire" section. You can post specific questions there and get more responses.
*You can use the search engine too for data you have need of.
2.) Keep asking questions and get to know your Ruger. Take time and practice. Be safe and enjoy it!
PEACE FAVOR YOUR SWORD!

·
Exchequer
4,800 Posts
Welcome aboard.

Yes, the "high capacity" BX magazines can be somewhat problematic. I have had feed issues with my BX 25 magazine ....but it feeds well mostly some of the time. :p

On the bright side, the standard, factory, rotary magazines perform very well.

There's at least one thread on the forum that goes into detail on how to disassemble, clean, and tune the BX 15 / 25 mags. If you do a search for the thread(s), I'm confident you will find some help resolving the issues.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Welcome from Baton Rouge Louisiana !

Do a internet search on the term " Ruger 10/22 sling swivel mounting kit " several will pop up . One kit converts the barrel band to a sling mount ...this is the cleanest looking and in my opinion the best way to mount the front sling swivel .
The swivel in the butt will be installed in a drilled hole ...the kit will have installation directions . Be sure to get detachable sling swivels so the sling can be easily removed.
In the old days the cheaper fixed in place swivels were used but the sling stays on the rifle ... not the best ... Get the detachable swivels .

The BEST magazines ... 10 round Ruger Factory Rotary ... they are most reliable and last the longest . If you can't kill it with 10 rounds of 22 LR ...you need a bigger rifle .
I got my 10/22 in 1971 so I've had a lot of time to try magazines... hot lips , steel lips all of the aftermarkets are iffy on a good day and just don't last . The BX mag's ... iffy at best , jury still out long term I still don't have 100% faith in them ...Give me two 10 rounders any day !
Gary

·
One Star
10,381 Posts
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome aboard! Watch it those 10/22's came become addictive. I have five.

·
Registered
17,238 Posts
Welcome from the Texas Panhandle.

·
Registered
9,477 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Buckeye State ...

·
Registered
649 Posts
Howdy, from Texas.

A 10/22 is an excellent choice as your first firearm.

·
Registered
7,654 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Army CW3
1,214 Posts
Welcome to rugerforum.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.