Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This pistol is fun to shoot . It works like a champ. I put around 120 rounds through it today .
The sights needed a ton of adjustment. Whoever installed the sightspro ankh had fun turning the screws to get it outbid whack . After adjustments , this little pistol is very accurate . I had not one failure to feed or extract . This pistol shoots as fast as my 10/22. I can’t wait to use a suppressor with it.
I was using some Federal bulk I have had for around 8 years . Out of the 120 rounds I had at least 8 failures to fire. The firing pin dents were just as deep as the rounds that fired . Two of the duds fired on the second attempt. The others refused to cooperate.
The Maglula is such a simple but effective invention .
I have learned a lot on this forum . I love my new Ruger .

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's great to hear you had a good first outing with your Mark IV. Odd that the sights were so far off but good you could adjust enough to get it sighted in. These Ruger 22s are a joy to shoot.

·
Corps Commander NGV
5,677 Posts
Glad to hear that your pistol ran great. Bulk Federal .22 HP loads went bad on me years ago. My Buckmark pistol was very accurate with them so I bought several 525 count cartons. One carton got pushed to the back of the ammo cabinet. Five years later I went shooting and shot maybe 150 rounds without any issues. A couple of years later I experienced the same thing you did. Failures to fire and inconsistent ignition. The ammo was stored in climate controlled conditions. I have been collecting ammo for 30 years, and that Federal Bulk is the only load that deteriorated like that.

·
Registered
Mk II, Wrangler, LCPII .22 LR, EC9S, Security 9, P-85, RAR .17 HMR + .22 LR,
970 Posts
They don't call us Jarheads for our reading ability. I'm here just to see the pics!

Actually, rumor has it we're called Jarheads cuz the captains of the ships we were formed to protect, would reward us with a ration of rum served in jars, hence Jarheads. And Leathernecks, cuz the Marines swinging from the masts to board enemy vessels used to get their throats targeted by the swords. Sooo, they wore leather bands around their necks to protect their juggler veins. And, the officers wore a quatrefoil (and do to this day) on the top of their cover to avoid getting picked off by the sharpshooters in the crows nests. Also heard some 2nd LT's in Vietnam wanted to get them sewn on their backs for the same reason, not entirely sure about that part. :unsure:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At the moment I am unable to take or post pictures . It’s the blue-gray model . So far it’s a keeper .

·
Registered
Mk II, Wrangler, LCPII .22 LR, EC9S, Security 9, P-85, RAR .17 HMR + .22 LR,
970 Posts
At the moment I am unable to take or post pictures . It’s the blue-gray model . So far it’s a keeper .
Pay no attention to me, I'm used to it. Glad you're enjoyin your new pistol!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Well, glad the Mark IV came through for you. They are excellent guns. Now just have to keep her fed and exercised.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have never before had a problem with the Federal bulk . I bought a ton of it when my sons were growing up . They worked my little 10/22 over the years plus the couple of Marlin bolt action and lever. I’m relieved to hear someone else has experienced the same problem . I’ve got a lot of American Eagle in boxes of 40 rounds for at least five years and they have not failed even once . Is it true that the ammo mentioned will be fine to shoot through a suppressor?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts