Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure there is nothing I can say that others haven't already said.

I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth the gun shoots. I only fired 50 rounds, but they went through without a hitch.

I am shooting low and to the left a bit, so I will go back to the range with a screwdriver for the sights to see if I can fix that... AFTER I have someone else shoot it and make sure it is not just poor technique by me.

All in all, though, I am VERY happy that I purchased this hand gun.

Have a nice Football Saturday, everyone.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Congrats on your new SR9c!!! ;)

I felt the same way with SR1911, it's a smooth shooter also...I'm glad it shoot's better then I do! :D

Good luck with it & happy shootin'...

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Congrat's on the new gun! I'm thinking about getting one of those....they feel really nice in my hand!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Congratulations on the new pistol. I would recommend someone else shooting it also. Plus, you might want to try shooting it off of a rest. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Congrats on your new gun & Greetings & Welcome from the Outer Banks of North Carolina, "The Tar Heel State"

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm shooting a little low and left on mine as well. I'm going wait before adjusting my sights. Even though I've put about 200 rounds through it, could be my own inexperience.

·
Registered
83 Posts
When I got my SR9c, I also shot low and left for the first few magazines. Since then I've fired over 1000 rounds and the bullets generally go where they're supposed to. I've never touched the sight adjustments.

During all this time with the SR9c, I completely ignored the Security Six that I've had for many years. I took it out and shot way left and low. Even though I never had this problem with it before, I fiddled with the sights and only made things worse. The problem turned out to be the way I gripped it.

My advice is to not adjust the sights too soon.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Low and left is a common placement for right handed "flinchers". Meaning that you might be anticipating the shot. When that happens you involuntarily react to the recoil by pushing the gun in the opposit direction you thing it's going to recoil.

The SR9c is a great gun. I love mine and it's dead on accurate. Practice your trigger pull so that you're surprised every time it goes off. And remember, it's not really a trigger pull, but a trigger squeeze. If you don't know when it's going off, you can't try and counteract it.

Good luck and keep on shooting!

BTW - If you're positive you're not flinching, then it's time to adjust your sights. You adjust your rear sight the same direction as the miss, or in your case, low and left.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
The SR9c will be my next purchase.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Now I'm concerned a fuzz. First of all CONRATS on the new Arizona Steel, and Welcome from O-H-I-O! What a fine smooth shooter you chose.

The thing that concerns me, my SR40c was also low left outta the box. Few hundred rounds later, never touched the sights, she's dead on.

Are these SR's eventually gonna go top right?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello from Big Orange country and congrats on the new gun. I have heard nothing but good things about them and while I have never shot one, I have picked a couple up and I like this grip and feel. I want one and Christmas is nearing.:D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Picked up my SR9C a couple weeks ago (my first gun), and love it so far. I too seem to be shooting low left. Today I asked the Range Officer to take a couple test shots and tell me if he thinks the sights are on, and that I just wanted to double check, as I don't think I have enough practice or proper technique developed yet. He took several shots (high, low, and then fairly close). "Pretty accurate" he said.

So I took a few cues from him on stance and lining up sights, and actually got closer to bulls-eye than he did.

I've only put less than 200 rounds through it, but getting a little better each time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I started of low and left, same as you. After the first couple outings and getting used to a new gun, i was dead on out to 25 yards. Found out it was me not the sights.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Now I'm concerned a fuzz. First of all CONRATS on the new Arizona Steel, and Welcome from O-H-I-O! What a fine smooth shooter you chose.

The thing that concerns me, my SR40c was also low left outta the box. Few hundred rounds later, never touched the sights, she's dead on.

Are these SR's eventually gonna go top right?
My SR9c was dead on out of the box. My SR40c is slightly off top right. It is the sights on my SR40c. I just have never adjusted them and have been overcoming it with holdover. Not the best practice, but I was forget to bring the tools to the range :eek:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts