Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I shot my new P95 for the first time on saturday. I put 200 rounds through it and had no problems at all. My aim definately needs improvement however. I was all over the place [:0].I am registering for an intro to shooting class at the range by my house so hopefully this should help me quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Just keep at it, try different ammo, even the Winchester White Box bulk should shoot good through your gun. The shooting class should definately help with hold and stance. Most importantly, just relax & have fun!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, 100 rounds were Winchester White Box and the other 100 were Remington. I didn't realy notice much of a difference between the two. Also I had shot about 75 rounds of 12 gage through my buddy's Mossberg shooting trap so my shoulder was a bit sore. Maybe that had something to due with my bad aim;).

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
When I started out with my P95DPR15, I started at 7 yards... Then when I got pretty good, I moved back to 10, then 15, then 20 and finally 25... Just keep practicing!!! My "final exam" at each yardage was a diet 7-Up can... :D If you can put three in a row, into a 7-Up can, from 25 yards out, I'd consider you pretty darn good... Seeing hows I've never been able to do it! [^]

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You're on the right track, just keep chuggin' along...and don't forget to have fun while you train...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Like Sheepdog said, you are on the right track. I don't think anyone is automatically a good shot. It takes lots of practice. Lucky for you, practicing is lots of fun!:D

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
yep I agree, being a god shot comes with practise andof course having fun doing it is the best part of it. I am sure you will do well in your class also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts