Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently puchased a ruger 9mm lcr, i just notice above the forcing cone that the factory cut what i would call a relief out. it looks like flame cutting like i had on an old service six but this is a new gun. is anyone else who has an lcr have this? thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine has a "semi-circle " cutout in that location. Never noticed it until I read this. Mine was manufactured October 2014 but purchased recently.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has a "semi-circle " cutout in that location. Never noticed it until I read this. Mine was manufactured October 2014 but purchased recently.
i bought mine last monday, called ruger because it didn't come with moon clips. mine was made in september 2015, and just got an email that the moonclips were shipped. thanks

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep ruger admitted the factory did it, i finally got a hold of ruger after a long hold and was told it was done to newer revolvers to prevent future trouble. here is two pics, look at the frame just above the forcing cone.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My 39sp+P was built in 2015, and there is no cuts. Perhaps this modification applies only to 9mm models?
i was told on another forum that the 9mm, 357, and 327 has the cut. however another person on the same forum said his 22 mag was cut too. thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts