Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the hunt for the best Break / flash hider for RPR 308 , on my Scar 17 I have a PWS it seems to work great very little recoil , I hear good things AAC blackout flash hider , any suggestions ImageUploadedByOutdoor Forums1440189779.627242.jpg ImageUploadedByOutdoor Forums1440189801.153281.jpg

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I prefer the stainless Fortis RED Hybrid brake/compensator.
Dual Brake ports to the sides. And dual compensator ports out the top to reduce muzzle jump.
So it needs to be indexed either with crush washers or a lock nut. I used a crush washer.
Designed for a rapid engagement device.
Does wonders on a bolt gun.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,041 Posts
The JP enterprises bennie cooley is a great compensator, i own 3 or 4 on 308, and 5.56, barrels doesn't move which allows for fast repeated shots. Its better than my pws thats on my ptr91k in 308. The miculek is a good compensator works well, as does the fortis red. The newest xl comp by jp enterprises is ok, but not as good as I would have liked for the price maybe a 40% reduction.
I have also used these styles recently, and they do an awesome job, at half the cost. Don't let the lower price fool you, they are machined perfectly, and do an excellent job at keeping the muzzle cemtered, and cuts recoil by atleast 60% if not more.

Amazon.com : GRG Stainless Steel AR 308 TPI Competition Muzzle Break Bake Device, 5/8-24 Pitch : Gun Barrels And Accessories : Sports & Outdoors

·
Registered
74 Posts
Believe it or not those cheap GRG model 10 muzzle Brake do an amazing job and they are only about 25 bucks. Jerry Miculek put one out that looks exactly like it, slapped his name on it and charges double the price.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here is some real data for you. Like anything, you'll have to decide what "best" means for you and what your budget is, but this will give you recoil reduction and ability to stay on target measurements.

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/06/24/muzzle-brakes-field-test/

For some anecdotal information, I have 2 JP Cooleys (one on my new RPR 6.5 and one on my custom 308) and they work very well. My friend has the Precision Armament one shown above on his new custom 308 and he says it works very well.

Good luck and good shooting!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Dead Air brake on my RPR. Does a great job of keeping rifle on target, plus it is so easy to slide and lock a Dead Air Sandman-S suppressor over the brake.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts