Ruger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I'm perfectly happy with the old standard, the Mini-Maglite. Uses AA batteries and even a bulb!

I have several, a little box of spare parts and bulbs, and a couple of nifty nylon belt holsters for them. I won't ever need another flashlight.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a flashlight that I really like. I keep finding more uses for it too. I just found out that the protruding edges on the end of it are to rip someone a new one! LOL Do you have a flashlight that you can't live without. Plus where do you keep your flashlights?

Nebo 5077 CSI 8 LED Black Tactical Laser Self Defense Flashlight Model - Amazon.com
Sightgrl, the NEBO fightlight looks nice and for the price you wouldn't get hurt if you lost one. :p

I bought a 3 pack of small flashlights marked "Tactical" from Costco this past year for less than $20. They have the strobe feature only but seem to be made a lot like the NEBO using 3 triple A's. I am a flashlight nut and like new products like the NEBO light.

TK

·
Registered
259 Posts
I carry a Streamlight Protac 1L at all times clipped to my off-hand pocket, front or rear depending on pants style. You never know how often you need a flashlight until you have one at your disposal all the time, I use mine every day, almost as much as my pocket knife clipped to my strong-hand pocket.

I also have a LED Maglite in my pickup, that thing is way brighter than the standard Maglite, I have been really impressed with it.

I also have small tactical flashlight next to my bedside. It has some features that I like. I don't remember exactly what it is, I got it at my local sporting goods store for about $25. It is an LED with an adjustable beam, from spot to flood. It has different modes, strobe, SOS, as well as different brightnesses. Also has a glow in the dark on-off switch. Great light.

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sightgrl, the NEBO fightlight looks nice and for the price you wouldn't get hurt if you lost one. :p

I bought a 3 pack of small flashlights marked "Tactical" from Costco this past year for less than $20. They have the strobe feature only but seem to be made a lot like the NEBO using 3 triple A's. I am a flashlight nut and like new products like the NEBO light.

TK
I think you know me to well! I have misplaced it a few times, so I may "need" a few more to stash around. Mine is item#5067 and the laser on it is really clear & crisp at distances. I have found it to be handy & not heavy like the big maglights we have everywhere.(next to the bed, in the hallway, by the backdoor, at least one on every level of our house) We also have the bitty mags, but I like this one better. (Yes LEDs are much brighter than the older mags.)

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I have a 5 D-cell Maglite and keep it in my Bronco II. Its a great light and weapon. But I also have a couple 2 AA-cell Maglites in my teardrop......and one in my wife's car, one in my F250, one in my nightstand, two on my desk, and a drawer full of them. A couple years ago I bought a 20 flashlight lot of Maglites on ebay. Most are AA-cell but I have a few C-cell and two D-cells.

Most of mine are differant colors and I put differant colored lights in differant places. Wish they made a pink one.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I'm perfectly happy with the old standard, the Mini-Maglite. Uses AA batteries and even a bulb!

I have several, a little box of spare parts and bulbs, and a couple of nifty nylon belt holsters for them. I won't ever need another flashlight.
I like those belts they make for them. They not only work on a belt but you can attach them to vehicles also.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
I have a 5 D-cell Maglite and keep it in my Bronco II. Its a great light and weapon. But I also have a couple 2 AA-cell Maglites in my teardrop......and one in my wife's car, one in my F250, one in my nightstand, two on my desk, and a drawer full of them. A couple years ago I bought a 20 flashlight lot of Maglites on ebay. Most are AA-cell but I have a few C-cell and two D-cells.

Most of mine are differant colors and I put differant colored lights in differant places. Wish they made a pink one.
This is my favorite flashlight as well. Holding 5 D batteries makes this quite a billy club: Aluminum alloy, adjustable beam, white light and replaceable bulb. They even give you a spare bulb. Definitely my go to flashlight.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have several Mag-lite variations, (all of us guys LOVE a flash-light) but my current favorite is the LED Lenser P14.

I have 2 of these. One is on my belt, anytime I'm wearing clothes. I use it at work several times a day. It's an amazingly bright light.

The other lives next to my HD weapon. (for when I'm not wearing clothes).

I like 'em. A lot.

Duane

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a 2 D cell maglite, that I use for work for when I inspect attics, and a 2AA cell I keep in the car for a just in case back up.

We also have a about a half dozen little battery lanterns we keep at the house. In the summer, with all the thunderstorms here, it's not unusual for the power to go out. They work well to read by. And of course we keep them with our camping gear. Got the propenr lantern for camping, but the battery ones are handy too.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
This is my favorite flashlight as well. Holding 5 D batteries makes this quite a billy club: Aluminum alloy, adjustable beam, white light and replaceable bulb. They even give you a spare bulb. Definitely my go to flashlight.
They make an optional end that is pointed for breaking windows in cars. It was designed for police but anyone can buy them.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
I have about a half dozen of them so they, literally, are all over the house (PLUS one in my pocket, a Xeno E03).

Some Flashlight Information :D

P.S. My son-in-law is an officer in one of the suburbs of Phoenix and I gave him one of the Xeno F-42 for last Christmas. This Summer when they came up to Colorado he was talking about one night when he and another officer had to clear a warehouse. He went in with the Xeno and when he turned it on the other officer said HOLY (BLEEP) WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?!

As if that were not enough, this Summer I showed him the G-42 (605 Lumen) and HIS reply was HOLY (BLEEP) WHERE CAN I GET ONE OF THOSE?! Impressive amount of light AND it runs on the same batteries as the ones his department uses.

P.P.S. DO NOT get caught with a Zeno light. They are cheap imitations of the Xeno.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts