Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1956 Flatgate last month and it had to go into "Moskowfornia 10 waiting period"....went to the LGS today and picked it up...brought it home and lovingly took it apart and made sure all was clean and nicely lubed for storage...this one probably won't get shot as I've got several Single Sixes to shoot...it's really nice and it's mine!! I was working in a gun shop in Fort Collins Colorado in 1956 while going to Colorado A and M (now Colorado State)....the Ruger Single Six flatgates were all the rage....if you had one you were something else...now I'm finally "something else"...this was my 75th birthday present to myself (Saturday is the birthday)....Had a guy try and buy it from me at the LGS while I was picking it up...not hardly...it's like my 62A Winchester...1948 .... "tribute gun" to my first rifle....a 62A in 1948 when I was 11. So along with a bunch of OM Super blackhawks and OM blackhawks the little flatgate will rest nicely for the rest of my life...just to be gotten out and wiped down and admired...like the Winchester.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
opos

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Glad you got a flatgate. I had one & traded it. Wish I hadn't traded it now. They are desirable.
Congratulations.
Frank

·
Registered
5,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here they are...lots of plum...barrel is super sharp and crisp...lock and timing perfect...may shoot it one time then to the safe.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Nice find. Congratulations.

I have my first Single Six that I received brand new as a gift back in 1957. Its not a flatgate, but I bought one that was made in 1955 for my collection back in the 1980s.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Happy birthday and congratulations.
Enjoy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts