·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Here I thought it would be a thread on the outcome of the vote. :eek:

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Over the top movies are sometimes ok. I'll probably see it.
It just doesn't seem to be very realistic in both the fact a drunk could fly a plane better than someone sober and the fact I don't think a passenger jet could fly upside down that way.

If you see it post a review.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
It just doesn't seem to be very realistic in both the fact a drunk could fly a plane better than someone sober and the fact I don't think a passenger jet could fly upside down that way.

If I only went to movies that were realistic I would probably have a long wait between visits.

·
Registered
76 Posts
"PBS Television aired a historical film of a test flight of a Boeing 707 doing a barrel roll, going inverted during the maneuver. Being momentarily inverted during a barrel roll is not technically flying upside down, however, it does support the notion that a commercial jet liner [the 707] was able to be upside down, even for an instant, and recover and land safely."

I remember pictures of this when it happened, since a barrel roll is (normally) a 1G manuver it should not be structurally a problem.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts

i'm curious about that one, too. i don't think a passenger jet could do that from an airframe point of view. as for the drunk in the cockpit, scary as it is, there are incredibly talented drunks out there who make the rest of the normal non-drunk population look like rank amateurs, in any field/demographic.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Was going to see it last weekend, but the reviews were pretty bad. Saw Argo instead, it was ok. Let us know how you like it if you decide to peep it.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
"PBS Television aired a historical film of a test flight of a Boeing 707 doing a barrel roll, going inverted during the maneuver. Being momentarily inverted during a barrel roll is not technically flying upside down, however, it does support the notion that a commercial jet liner [the 707] was able to be upside down, even for an instant, and recover and land safely."

I remember pictures of this when it happened, since a barrel roll is (normally) a 1G manuver it should not be structurally a problem.
Here ya go...

Boeing 707 Barrell Roll -WATCH THIS!!! - YouTube

·
Registered
342 Posts
wasnt he flying a dc9 in the movie? (727)

any movie that shows the best scenes on a teaser, usually ends up being 2 hours of charactor development and plot line boredom.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts