Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ruger Black Powder Old Army is to blame....
As is the Thompson Hawken Rifle....

I got hooked on the flash and sound of thunder.....

So now, I've gone even farther back in the timeline of long guns.....I was fortunate enough to have a mentor that use to be a dealer in better grades of black powder guns...

And this weekend he spent the time with me to introduce me to Flintlocks... But he made sure that he had the time to teach me the ways of the gun, and how to make them perform the way the were meant to. He really opened up my eyes, and brought down many misconceptions that I had......and I learned so much more having my mind opened to this wonderful art...

Done right, they are simply amazing.....they are beautiful, balanced, and highly accurate....

This one made it home with me....and even though one should never love something that can't love you back ~~~~~ :D

And it will shoot the eyes out of a Caterpiller at 100 yards;)

Giz

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a kit in the basement that I am about to start working on. The last one I had was a Kentucky Rifle which was a fun to shoot

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Love that gun all you want. It may not be able to love you back but it will never hate you as well.
That is a beauty of a rifle.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
gizamo, that is one pretty rifle! I love the way those things feel when you touch em' off. You can feel the pressure building. Reminds me of shooting roman candles.:cool:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Beautiful rifle, Gizamo, and it sounds like you're starting to get hooked. Once you start with a flintlock (and with the help of a worthwhile teacher), it's hard to turn back. If you have the chance and inclination, check out the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association. Another great organization - I've been a member for years, but don't take the time to shoot (flintlock, naturally) like I once did. nmlra.org

1 - 8 of 8 Posts