Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Apple and FLIR had a recent announcement, a slip on IPhone case that gives the IPhone FLIR capabilities . Good video can be found on CNN. Available through Apple stores in August.

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

So for under $400 for the IPhone adapter and with an added mount like the Inteliscope Inteliscope - Your Premium Tactical Accessory & App for iPhone you are good to go.

I am sure an updated App willl be out shortly from Inteliscope or others to put retical on the FLIR app. Now all we need is a pistol mount. :D

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
I'm almost due for a new phone too. :D Might just sit back and wait for the next generation and see what they come up with. Handy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Apple and FLIR had a recent announcement.

So for under $400 for the IPhone adapter and with an added mount like the Inteliscope Inteliscope - Your Premium Tactical Accessory & App for iPhone you are good to go.

I am sure an updated App willl be out shortly from Inteliscope or others to put retical on the FLIR app. Now all we need is a pistol mount. :D
Inteliscope has just started reselling FLIR ONE, and yes, we are working with their SDK to integrate the software into our app. Good times!

·
CARSON-WEST - 2016
6,784 Posts
I've always hated the iPhone, preferring either a dumb phone or a Droid... but this single product may make me try the iPhone out. :)

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Crap and I just love iron sights.

Now I have to get all this stuff to keep techno cool as we face IS cutting heads off here in the USA.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I've always hated the iPhone, preferring either a dumb phone or a Droid... but this single product may make me try the iPhone out. :)
It will take more than that to get me to ever buy another Apple product. They are going to limit sales if is only available for the iphone.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I would hope they try this for a variety of phones. They already have two new sizes of iPhones to deal with. Personally, I don't see why they don't just produce a full product using the same components that go into phones, i.e. camera, etc. You'd undercut any FLIR product on the market substantially.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
so cool

this is so cool for a number of reasons, but, here in Washington, fully illegal for hunting. sigh

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Combine it with a Google self driving car and a remotely operated video camera and it won't be long before your rifle can go to the range without you.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Dang it, I don't do Apple products for a lot of reasons but demanding things be proprietary if they use them is high on the list which means we're unlikely to see it on Droid or anything else which sucks spheres.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Dang it, I don't do Apple products for a lot of reasons but demanding things be proprietary if they use them is high on the list which means we're unlikely to see it on Droid or anything else which sucks spheres.
I agree. But they are good at "shooting themselves in the foot". :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts