Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I came along this video on you tube by MCarbo. They were showing how to disassemble sp101 and adding hammer spring and trigger spring. My question is the flitz polish that they were using and the chamfering polishing methed that they were doing Safe for my Gp100 ss 357mag. I'm looking into adding the hammer shims and trigger shims but just wanted an Forum opinion. If I have my revolver broke down I might as well do the cleaning and deburring to it. So what would be your suggestions. Thanks

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,907 Posts
I have not seen that video and don't know what it shows. Flitz is very mild and not abrasive. It takes a while to polish a part. It is not intended to remove material. I consider Flitz to be safe for anything as long as reasonable care is used.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I have not seen that video and don't know what it shows. Flitz is very mild and not abrasive. It takes a while to polish a part. It is not intended to remove material. I consider Flitz to be safe for anything as long as reasonable care is used.
I have to agree with this. Have been using their Products for the last 2 years. Note, using not abusing.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I bought the 'kit' from them months ago for my GP100. Was going to put the springs and shims in tomorrow. I'm not polishing anything or slathering on the 'lube' like in the video. The polishing I think is a waste of time and that grease/lube stuff is only going to attract debris, I think anyway.

·
Registered
561 Posts
My experience with MCarbo is the trigger spring kit I bought from them for My Savage Axis. Trigger pull from the factory was breaking around 7 pounds. I installed their spring kit and the trigger pull is now down to 4 lbs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ve bought many kits from mcarbo for various guns . I’ve done trigger jobs on various guns myself, polishing , removing material, etc.... the mcarbo kits for the money are great. I’ve actually got a gp100. And I’ve considered buying their kit. I’ve used a shim kit of there’s before in another gun and it worked wonderfully. I wouldn’t be to scared of their lube either with ptfe.... it’s good stuff , better than previous grease I had been using which was birch wood and Casey brand. I’d go for it and get the kit. My gp100 trigger isn’t bad to begin with so like you said I don’t know what polishing would do for it, but I do know for a fact in other trigger work I’ve done polishing does make a difference sometimes. “Sometimes”.... is the word. Depends on if the surface is already real smooth to begin with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts