Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys…

There is a firearms auction coming up on January 12th, 9:30 am in the tiny town of Vermontville at the opera house (West of Lansing area). I have gone to this auction for the past 3 years and have always been impressed with the number of guns sold.

I have also found some terrific deals too! I once bought an Iver Johnson .38 snub nose in fair condition for $32.00 and a sporterized K-98 Mauser for $90.

Any ways, if any of you folks are interested let me know, it would be neat to meet anybody in person from this forum who decides to go! There are a couple of good restaurants in Vermontville, and I’ll by the coffee for anybody that can make it. :D As long as your not bidding against me ;)

Pistol buyers must have a Purchase Permit or CCW.

They have put a catalog for the sale up on their web sight. Here is a link to this auction.

http://www.stantons-auctions.com/auction_detail.php?ID=374177

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'll probably be there!!! I'm form the Big Rapids area.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Still planning on going!!! I looked it up, and it's 106.8 miles from me. What's the best way to get there from 66? Shotuld I take 50 south, then go west, or just take 66 south and go east?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. :D

I would think 66 South and go East, but I live in Hstings, and I don't get up that way often. I couldn't tell you what the roads are like now. I take State Road out of Hastings, and it's a pretty straight shot into Vermontville.

I think your best bet is to get there early to look over anything you might be interested in. They have an inspection period before the auction starts. I try to get my number and look stuff over before I get a bite to eat, that way I'm out of the rush before the auction starts, and can get good seats.

Have you had a chance to look the catalog over yet, they have some pretty neat stuff listed already, and there is always more added as the auction gets closer. I hope that Black Hawk in .41 Mag goes cheap!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I defiantly found a couple, but I saw that they have removed a Remington that I was looking at?? It was a model 7 chambered in .222

·
Registered
758 Posts
This is very tempting, but with all the expenses lately I better not. I might drive over just to hang out.

I will post this at a sister site though.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's fine Bob, but I'm not buying coffee for the whole Internet. I wouldn't have anything left to bid at the auction with!;)

Also, if you post it, make sure you tell them their not allowed to bid against me.:D

·
Registered
758 Posts
I won't say anything about the coffee and they are all my friends anyway. If you can't get their coffee, I will.

Maybe you better 'splain about the bidding........

·
Registered
505 Posts
What kind of weather do you have down there now? We got 6 inches of snow up here last night.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Claoudy and rainy; no snow yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts